PlayStation Move Will Turn You Into a Mii Killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
sony is not catching up. they can try and try, but they will not catch up. if by any chance, they catch up to wii sales, nintendo will have another console out, with another ingenious gimmick and will have sold millions by the time sony is playing catchup.

also, i've heard it has trouble tracking fast movements quickly.
kinect can't be terrible if it works, even with a little lag... but i doubt there will ever be any hardcore games for it... i forsee dancing and boxing games for years to come

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
honestly i havent used my Wii in months, I doubt the move would make a difference to me...

Motion was neat for a bit, but I still prefer the regular game controller or a keyboard/mouse

johnny_5

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]reprotected[/nom]What the heck just happened?[/citation]
Yeah, too someone who doesn't already know about the Move this commercial will just confuse them.
I like the idea of the Move, much more precise than a Wiimote (well, without motion-plus anyways) and with better buttons. Don't think I'll buy it any time soon though, I just haven't been gaming that much recently. There are tonnes of seemingly great games I haven't gotten around to playing.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... but with Wii it waz pioneered... and sony is just rude... it is not nice to visual kill off innovation source... you respect it... and maybe make it better...

suisenbenjo

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
[citation][nom]johnny_5[/nom]Yeah, too someone who doesn't already know about the Move this commercial will just confuse them.[/citation]
I already know about the move and I still am confused about this. What point are they making exactly? I thought the "yaybuttons" add was clever and made a good point but this? I don't get it.

skervy

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
if people read stuff before they complain you would know the bulb is there for the tracking. sonys problem was making the system to good which resulted in a crappy high starting price. the only thing they will need to catch up with is sales but hardware wise they dont need a next gen console. what will the next nintendo or xbox do add in bluray built in wireless and free online play? oh thats right ps3 already has it all and they dont break left and right like crapbox. who here can say they still have a working original xbox or 360? i cant remember a single playstation among my friend group that has failed without physical damage :p. xbox on the otherhand i cant think of a single one that hasnt been repaired or replaced. nintendo just goes out of style to fast 64 and gamecube were fun at first but then meh. wii is already getting there sure its fun for kids and little get togethers but how often do you find yourself zoned out on nintendo for hours on end outside of mario or zelda

BPT747

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
If they want me to play, just allow the use of a mouse and keyboard, on second thought just release your proprietary games on PC so I don't have to deal with the graphic limitations of a console.

BPT747

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
[citation][nom]mkyam[/nom]Should have named it Playstation Bulb. Light Bulb. Fire the controller designer please, it sucks.[/citation]
Well I think the Torch would be a better name for marketing, I don't really see the point either. Nintendo has better games the controller is just a front so Sony and Microsoft attack from the wrong angle with controllers and not better games. I have yet to see a killer game that would make me want to buy a PS3 or a 360.

nisallik

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
[citation][nom]skervy[/nom]if people read stuff before they complain you would know the bulb is there for the tracking. sonys problem was making the system to good which resulted in a crappy high starting price. the only thing they will need to catch up with is sales but hardware wise they dont need a next gen console. [/citation]

Incorrect, the PS3 could not stand up against a new Xbox or a new nintendo if they decide to have recent hardware. Look at the specs for the PS3/360 and see how much ram they have to work with is a good start.

I'm hoping the new Nintendo being released has the most updated hardware with DX11, so the 360/PS3 can play catch up, and finally have something to use with our 5870 or 470, as I'm tired of playing ports made off of 5 year old equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.