Solved! PLEASE HELP LAPTOP OVERHEATING THEN FRAME DROPPING

Mar 24, 2019
So umm... basically my laptop overheats when im playing games and then framedrops making all games unplayable. I can be on the lowest of low setting and this still occurs. I'm really bad with computers so bear with me here.

Specs:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with
MAX-Q Design

Intel(R) Core
(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20 GHz 2.21 GHz
8gb ram

HELP

Solution
Well if it is overheating, there is the reason you are getting the other issues.

You need to monitor the temps and see what it is actually getting to and no games until you resolve the issue. Unless of course you want to fry say the GPU, CPU or the whole laptop.

If it is under warranty, then contact the manufacturer about a repair. If it isn't then it will depend on if you are comfortable doing the work yourself or need to take it to a tech.

You will need to (or have a tech do it) open up the laptop and first clean it out. Dust, debris, blocked airflow, etc., can cause overheating. Next would be replacing the thermal paste.

Start with those and see how it goes.
Well if it is overheating, there is the reason you are getting the other issues.

You need to monitor the temps and see what it is actually getting to and no games until you resolve the issue. Unless of course you want to fry say the GPU, CPU or the whole laptop.

If it is under warranty, then contact the manufacturer about a repair. If it isn't then it will depend on if you are comfortable doing the work yourself or need to take it to a tech.

You will need to (or have a tech do it) open up the laptop and first clean it out. Dust, debris, blocked airflow, etc., can cause overheating. Next would be replacing the thermal paste.

Start with those and see how it goes.

Solution