Please help me

botomena

Prominent
Jan 19, 2018
Am trying to install windows on my new hard drive. But it says windows cant be installed on this harddrive. Because this drive may fail soon. What must i do to get windows installed on this harddrive? Please help

Solution
If the drive is failing, then you shouldn't be installing to it in the first place.

You NEED to test the drive, using Seatools for DOS.

https://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

Or for Windows if you have another system you can temporarily attach that drive to for testing. There are both versions at that link.

IF the drive passes the Short DST (Drive self test) AND the Long generic (Long generic will take several hours to complete) THEN you can install Windows to the drive using the following method, if it is Windows 10 you are trying to install. If it is another version, there are other tutorials you can use.

Windows 10 Clean install tutorial

Installing to a failing drive would be a waste of time...
If the drive is failing, then you shouldn't be installing to it in the first place.

You NEED to test the drive, using Seatools for DOS.

https://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

Or for Windows if you have another system you can temporarily attach that drive to for testing. There are both versions at that link.

IF the drive passes the Short DST (Drive self test) AND the Long generic (Long generic will take several hours to complete) THEN you can install Windows to the drive using the following method, if it is Windows 10 you are trying to install. If it is another version, there are other tutorials you can use.

Windows 10 Clean install tutorial

Installing to a failing drive would be a waste of time anyhow. It's possible you may NEED to get a new drive if that one is in fact failing. There is nothing you can do to get around this if it's true.

Solution

botomena

Prominent
Jan 19, 2018

@darkbreeze: thanks alot my friend for taking time to respond to my cry. Really been trying to Install windows for 5fays now but same unsuccessful stories. Tried xp, xps3, w7,w8 but nothing. Now atleast will have time to sleep lol. And i ll just consider your advice and ll just return this harddrive to the dealer and hopefully ll get a replacement drive lol. It is a 500gb so yeah got to be replaced ☺.

Once again
Thank you friend

botomena

Prominent
Jan 19, 2018

@darkbreeze: thanks very much my friend for taking time to respond to my cry. I really tried to install xp, xps3, w7, w8 but getting same stories ,

Now will just consider your advice and ll just return this hard drive. It is a 500gb so hopefully will get a replacement from the dealer lol. Been trying it for 5days . at least now I can sleep lol.

Thanks again friend.

botomena

Prominent
Jan 19, 2018

Thank friend for being so supportive. Will gladly ask if needs more advice.

botomena

Prominent
Jan 19, 2018

Hi friend, they asking fir a device driver to be installed first fot the wondowd to be installed. How can i download this device driver ? Am trying to install windows on my new a lenovo laptop. Thanks