Please help settle an argument. Which laptop is better for gaming?

Solution
I would say that the Intel X3100 is having problems running WoW using DirectX 9 / 10. The Macbook does not have that problem because DirectX is strictly for Windows therefore it is running the game using OpenGL.

On a Windows laptop you can enter a command (Google "WoW OpenGL") so that the game uses OpenGL instead of DirectX which will likely solve the problem.

jimhood82

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
Both run the same Intel X3100, the same processor (on the base end of the mac anyhow - anything else, the mac had a better cpu), and both too old to be useful. In the world of gaming which is better? Neither. Had the Sony included Expresscard 54, I could have granted it a technicality, but no - they used the 34.

Renox

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013

I have this guy telling me he tried running WoW on the sony and simply didn't run, then he tells me he ran it on the mac and it ran like a dream. His argument is that the mac is better even though "the sony has better specs" so therefore apple is better. Is he talking out of his ass?

I would say that the Intel X3100 is having problems running WoW using DirectX 9 / 10. The Macbook does not have that problem because DirectX is strictly for Windows therefore it is running the game using OpenGL.

On a Windows laptop you can enter a command (Google "WoW OpenGL") so that the game uses OpenGL instead of DirectX which will likely solve the problem.

Solution