Please help, SSD vs Hybrid hard drives?

occupypeace

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015
Could some throw some light on the difference between 1.256 TB Hybrid and 1TB HDD + 256 SSD (on laptops)? The guy I spoke to at the local laptop store said they both are the same. His colleague said 1TB HDD +256 gb SSD is superior to 1.256 TB Hybrid so I should buy a laptop with 1TBHDD+256gb SSD. Hence the confusion. I have understood the SSD speed logic from some online articles but I have not understood what does it mean by 1.256 TB hybrid. Are they actually the same? If not, which one would be the most preferred in terms of performance?

Thanks very much

Solution
1TB HDD + 256 SSD is a far better option IMO. 256GB is adequate capacity for an operating system drive (meaning all you programs games go there). The hybrid is a good cost solution when you can't afford the combo of ssd+hdd. Generally they don't have the same performance as an ssd but are better than an hdd.

I would definitely go with this 1TB HDD + 256 SSD

CBender

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015
1TB HDD + 256 SSD is a far better option IMO. 256GB is adequate capacity for an operating system drive (meaning all you programs games go there). The hybrid is a good cost solution when you can't afford the combo of ssd+hdd. Generally they don't have the same performance as an ssd but are better than an hdd.

I would definitely go with this 1TB HDD + 256 SSD

Solution