Please help!! super frustrated need help with acer laptop

z32type

Estimable
Nov 22, 2014
I have a Acer Aspire V3 Laptop that's been having some issues. Every time I turn on the laptop it boots up perfectly until it shows a screen that says

"Default boot device missing or boot failed.
Insert recovery media and hit any key
Then select Boot manger to choose a new boot device or to boot recovery media"

I then insert a windows disc but does nothing. One thing I figured out was booting into bios
and changing the boot mode to "Legacy" And was able to install my windows on it,but then my hard drive broke which was really weird. I tried disabling the secure boot,but nothing helps.
This laptop is set to "UEFI" mode by factory and it should be able to,but what can cause it to not boot up on "UEFI" Mode?

Should I short out the cmos battery? To clear the bios? or just simply removing the cmos battery reset it?

nickhdongsung

Estimable
Apr 22, 2015
power on your laptop then insert a windows installation disc. press button f2 to enter the bios and press button f9 to load default then click ok. enter the boot menu, pull up the boot cd to boot first by press button f5 or f6 then press f10 to save and exit. your screen will appear boot to cd rom, click any key to enter the boot and installation of windows running then.

z32type

Estimable
Nov 22, 2014
I have done that already. Every time bios is set to UEFI mode it will show the boot device is missing or boot failed. Set it to legacy and will work properly,but this laptop usually worked on UEFI and when I first bought it was set to UEFI.