Please make my mind restful between these gaming laptop choice

arvinzd

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
Should i buy an full hd resolution matte i5 3210m gtx 660m 2gb gddr5 8gb ddr3 1600mhz 750 gb hdd wiindows 7 (windows 8 pro available for add. Charge $75 promo price) or 1366x768 glossy i7 3630 qm gt650m 2gb gddr 5 4 gb ddr3 1600 mhz 1tb windows 8! The gt 650m is cheaper $90. Has the same weight. What should i buy? Or i should i wait for a later 2013 to buy a hasswell processor laptop and a nvidia 700m series or amd 8000m series.i' a gamer that would consider to keep this laptop for 3 years.and set game graphics lwered a bit is fine for me. Give me advice please.

alvine

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
Well the first option has a better graphics card and you want to game so I would go for that or you can wait for new cpus/gpus to comes out. There will always be something around the corner so only buy if you need it now...if not then wait as you will get more performance for your money spent

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Both have pretty low-end graphics for gaming, so don't have too high of expectations. With the video cards, it's not so much about the series, but the quality of the card within the series.

I would go with the gtx 660m model because it's going to give you better performance.

I don't see Windows 8 as an advantage at this time. Windows 7 will still be a solid useable valid OS for another 5 years. If the laptops were touchscreen, I might consider it, but since they don't appear to be, the Windows 7 machine will be great.

I have a Windows 8 laptop without a touchscreen. I spend nearly all of my time running in 'Desktop' mode. Metro is more of a tablet/touch-type OS.

arvinzd

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
Ok thanks again i don't realise there is a new post . I want to ask you something the since.you're windows 8 user.do windows 8 is really can lift up the value of windows 8 then a windows7? In windows 8 i'm interested about the "refresh" feature, and is the metro really useful to you. That laptop won't have touchscreen.but as soon as leap motion controller comes out or maybe kinect for windows come cheaper.i would really want to feel windows 8 with motion :)
Edit:can "windows app store" is really.can lift up windows 8 value? Is it useful?

alvine

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
i dont know what you mean y the refresh value....windows 8 does ru a little faster but i dont think its worth the 80 dollar premium...metro interface is useless unless you have a touch screen...big buttons to press with your mouse...might as well use the regular desktop. I'm running win 8 on my desktop at home and I have installed start 8 program to have my start button 8 and it gives me an option to boot straight to desktop bypassing metro so yea I really dont use that feature...I only like win8 because you can open iso within explorer and you can pause file transfers if you are doing many of them....task manager looks nice but win 7 is good too

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I've had a Windows 8 CD in cellophane since release and I just can't find a good reason too upgrade yet. And because there are still bugs to work out with it, I'll only consider it [again] once they follow up with Windows 8 SP1.

arvinzd

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
just making sure it's.not refresh value i'm asking about. it's a feature only in windows 8 that allow user to reset the setting to factory set,(it's reset without uninstalling metro app.but desktop is still uninstalled(i found.some tweak.that allow the reset without uninstalling desktop app. Once again maybe i'll buy motion controller to recover touchscreen downside.once again is windows 8 store app really useful?

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I find it less useful because many of the tools you use (ie MS Office) put you right into 'Desktop' mode. The boot time and shut down time is definitely faster in Windows 8 though. Most games are ready to run in the Windows 7 environment whereas some people experience issues running them under Windows 8.

Windows 8 is a really good idea. Once everything is optimized for this OS, it should be a lot better. We're just not there yet.