Question Please some help me I need my computer to work,....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angeleyes12

Great
Mar 10, 2019
Ok so whats going on is i just got off the phone with a T-moble reprasintitive to try to connect my T-moble hotspot with my Laptop device i have a Dell Inspiron 9200 and my laptop is not reading that I have a valad wifi connection the laptop itself is asking me for a Valad Product key so the T moble rep told me look at the bottem of the laptop and see if theres a product key,... Well there was i type in the given product key that was in the bottem of my laptop into my laptop gives me error message: The Product key you have entered does not appear to be a Valid Windows 7 product key,... I explained this to the customer servise Rep threw T-moble and they said that my Product-Key has expired that i would need to contact Microsoft to get an updated version of my product key so that my Windows program can read my moble hotspot,... i tryed calling Microsoft and they transfered me to some person in India where i could barely understand him and eventually i had to let him, go can anyone help me with this,...on what i need to be doing?... I am disabled unimployed i need a working computer to continue to look for work and emplyment from home I need to fix my Windows /key connection problem so that it can read that i have a wifi/ moble hotspot connection,.. thank you all for all of your help,.. if anyone wants to personal message me my email is:[don't post your email address online] thanks again..... :)

I also wanted to add on here to that I am also Intreseted in trying to figure out how to do a factory reset on this kind of laptop as well mabie doing a factory-reset would help re-instal the built in Windows system,....

Every time I try to get ahold of Dell and Microsoft they either transfer me to people in India or the Philippines I do not have any problems against any of them but I can never understand what they are saying?.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
A temporary fix would show up whether or not the lack of activation is the real cause of the inability to connect using wi-fi.

Navigate in Windows Explorer to c:\windows\system32 and right click on the file named cmd.exe. Select RunAs Administrator and when a black form shows up, at the c:\ prompt, type

SLMgr /rearm.
then hit the Enter key.

If all goes well you will see a confirmation of success and you now have thirty days before it whinges at you to buy a Product Key but you will to buy sometime or you can't get full Windows 7 functionality.

If lack of activation was the cause of wi-fi failure, and I have my doubts, you should now be able to do so. If you can't connect to a HotSpot, take it down to...
It sounds like you are doing something wrong here. You should not need any of the mentioned things to access a hotspot. It is the same as accessing any WiFi and no Windows Product Key should ever be needed.

That is if the hotspot is actually working correctly.

If it is at all possible to use your phone as a hotspot it would be done this way...

1. On the phone go into "Settings" and in the "Wireless & networks" section tap "More".

2. Now tap "Tethering & portable hotspot".

3. For "Wireless Tethering" tap "Set up WiFi hotspot"

4. On this new screen you will see options for a "Network Name", "Security", "Password" and "Network Band". You can change them or keep them as is. It is really up to you.

5. Now you need to locate the hotspot (the same way you do with any other WiFi) on your laptop.

As long as your laptop will connect to other WiFis, then it should connect to the hotspot. That is, as long as your carrier/service provider hasn't restricted the option. However it never involves anything about a Windows Product Key or anything similar.

To make sure you are trying to connect the WiFi correctly, try the following...

1. Go to "Control Panel".

2. Next go to "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing".

3. Now click on "Manage Wireless Networks".

4. On this screen, remove all wireless connections by "right clicking" on it and select "Remove network" from the drop down menu.

5. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.

6. Once the computer is fully reloaded, scan for the "WiFi networks".

7. Click on the available network that you want to access and select "connect".

8. It takes a moment, but then you will be asked to give a password for your WiFi connection. Type in the password and click the "connect" button.

It should now be connected.

Another way to try it is to...

1. Go to "Settings".
  2. Click on "Network & Security" and then click on "WiFi".
  3. Now click "Manage known networks".
  4. Select the WiFi connection you want to remove.
  5. Click the "Forget" button.
  6. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.
  7. Once the computer is fully reloaded again go to "Settings".
  8. Click on "Network & Security" and then click on "WiFi".
  9. Now click "Manage known networks".
  10. Click "Add a new network" and enter the network name.
  11. Using the drop-down menu, select the "network security type".
  12. Check the "Connect automatically" option.
  13. Now check the "Connect even if the network is not broadcasting" option and click "Save".

Should nothing here help, and your laptop will connect to other WiFis, then the carrier/service provider is the problem.

If it won't connect to any WiFi, then your WiFi card in the laptop would likely be the problem and it would either have to be replaced, or you would have to get an external one that connects via USB port.

Angeleyes12

Great
Mar 10, 2019
Dear Webworkings my Laptop will not connect to any of my available networks because each time I try it says I have an invalad windows installed and windows can not read my WiFi/ available networks wich is why that key code came in earlier I kept talking about a screen pops up every few minuets saying this copy of Windows is not ginuane please enter key code wich is partly why I think I should do a factory reset because there should be a version of Windows pre-installed into the computer

Last edited:

Angeleyes12

Great
Mar 10, 2019
53522425_2090694744312415_3174977912696733696_n.jpg
53547734_2323083737930626_3204990001699880960_n.jpg

Angeleyes12

Great
Mar 10, 2019
My Mobile hotspot is not the problem I have other devices able to connect to my mobile hotspot it is the Dell that is the problem that I’m needing help with please-

Angeleyes12

Great
Mar 10, 2019
Ok?.. well I don’t have illegal software one day I just turned on my laptop my Windows was deleted and my computer automatically gave me this black screen there are a bunch of viruses on my computer wich is what I Belive deleted the origional windows 7 perfeshional that should allready be in the computer to begin with but I did nothing Illiegal I don’t know why I have the black screen on the bottom and the error message bottom right hand side,.... puting in a Lagit / Updated key code for Windows 7 we’ll help me get my windows 7 up and working again so it can read my Available networks this is what I need help with if somebody can please help me-

Last edited:

Angeleyes12

Great
Mar 10, 2019
Or another question how do I instal install a genuine version of Windows if my laptop won’t let me connect to the enternet it just keeps giveing me windows Error messages whenever I try to connect to WiFi

Angeleyes12

Great
Mar 10, 2019
Yea look at this a screen pull up during my log-in when I start my computer saying that I have Windows 7 professional then after I log-in that black screen apprears with the white error message on the bottom right hand side,...
53871658_2333589756664082_7833323674143817728_n.jpg

Angeleyes12

Great
Mar 10, 2019
Ok so whats going on is i just got off the phone with a T-moble reprasintitive to try to connect my T-moble hotspot with my Laptop device i have a Dell Inspiron 9200 and my laptop is not reading that I have a valad wifi connection the laptop itself is asking me for a Valad Product key so the T moble rep told me look at the bottem of the laptop and see if theres a product key,... Well there was i type in the given product key that was in the bottem of my laptop into my laptop gives me error message: The Product key you have entered does not appear to be a Valid Windows 7 product key,... I explained this to the customer servise Rep threw T-moble and they said that my Product-Key has expired that i would need to contact Microsoft to get an updated version of my product key so that my Windows program can read my moble hotspot,... i tryed calling Microsoft and they transfered me to some person in India where i could barely understand him and eventually i had to let him, go can anyone help me with this,...on what i need to be doing?... I am disabled unimployed i need a working computer to continue to look for work and emplyment from home I need to fix my Windows /key connection problem so that it can read that i have a wifi/ moble hotspot connection,.. thank you all for all of your help,.. if anyone wants to personal message me my email is:[don't post your email address online] thanks again..... :)

I also wanted to add on here to that I am also Intreseted in trying to figure out how to do a factory reset on this kind of laptop as well mabie doing a factory-reset would help re-instal the built in Windows system,....

Every time I try to get ahold of Dell and Microsoft they either transfer me to people in India or the Philippines I do not have any problems against any of them but I can never understand what they are saying?.....

Am I able to post my email on here?... :-/ I would like for people to personal email me about this problem and ways to help me fix this problem,...

Angeleyes12

Great
Mar 10, 2019
Hay,..... Guys I’m Still here.... anyone able to help me fix this issue or no?.... I’m still getting Windows Error messages when trying to connect to available WiFi networks even the free Xfinity WiFi it reads: Windows was unable to connect to xfinitywifi ???

If nothing mentioned before has worked, and if the version of Windows is actually a legally obtained version, then that would leave the WiFi within the laptop likely being the problem.

As I also mentioned before, you didn't try connecting via Ethernet I would try that now. Should that work fine, then I would suggest you have a choice to make. Replace the internal WiFi card or get an external WiFi that connects via USB.

If, however, it is not a legally obtained version, then we cannot help resolve the problem.

Angeleyes12

Great
Mar 10, 2019
If nothing mentioned before has worked, and if the version of Windows is actually a legally obtained version, then that would leave the WiFi within the laptop likely being the problem.

As I also mentioned before, you didn't try connecting via Ethernet I would try that now. Should that work fine, then I would suggest you have a choice to make. Replace the internal WiFi card or get an external WiFi that connects via USB.

If, however, it is not a legally obtained version, then we cannot help resolve the problem.

I don’t know about Legally or not legally or whatever the heak your talking about I just woke up one day turned on my laptop it gave me a black-screen with the error message on the bottom right hand side of the black-screen this is not a Valad version of Windows so the Computer erased my origional version and gave me the black screen that says that,... I did nothing wrong I actually called CSUMB Collage in Colorado to talk to a Teck-head,... about why I’m even haveing problems connecting to the WiFi network black-screens ect and he told me that Windows XP that was origionally installed in my Dell-Laptop doesn’t exsist anymore Windows just simply doesn’t make it anymore and that’s why I Belive my computer erased it but let’s leave the Legality’s out of what I’m needing help with ok?... it sounds more like Windows messed up on this issue more then I Did,...... I would like to know thoe I’m currious when I visit the microst website I reaserched that there are Free versions of Windows 10 available for download on the computers and Laptops is there any way I can do this procedure from my cell phone and transfer the information to my laptop?....

Last edited:
A temporary fix would show up whether or not the lack of activation is the real cause of the inability to connect using wi-fi.

Navigate in Windows Explorer to c:\windows\system32 and right click on the file named cmd.exe. Select RunAs Administrator and when a black form shows up, at the c:\ prompt, type

SLMgr /rearm.
then hit the Enter key.

If all goes well you will see a confirmation of success and you now have thirty days before it whinges at you to buy a Product Key but you will to buy sometime or you can't get full Windows 7 functionality.

If lack of activation was the cause of wi-fi failure, and I have my doubts, you should now be able to do so. If you can't connect to a HotSpot, take it down to MacDonalds where they have public wi-fi but stay in their network for the shortest time you can because it's not a secure place to go.

Reactions: Angeleyes12
Solution

Angeleyes12

Great
Mar 10, 2019

SLMgr /rearm.
then hit the Enter key.

If lack of activation was the cause of wi-fi failure, and I have my doubts, you should now be able to do so. If you can't connect to a HotSpot, take it down to MacDonalds where they have public wi-fi but stay in their network for the shortest time you can because it's not a secure place to go.

Allright I did what you told me to do on the cmd promed and this error message shows up:
54516889_365069784341894_3609768472956895232_n.jpg

Angeleyes12

Great
Mar 10, 2019
I think it's telling you it isn't only not activated but is a very sad case. OK that message and run slui.exe to see what happens next.

I am confused?.... verry sad case?... So what is the next step I need to do?... you said run suli? How do I do that it’s lovely to say that nothing on Windows is activated you can thank Windows company for deleting my Windows XP I would just like to know what steps I need to take to connect my computer to the available WiFi networks so that I can register a Valad Windows,.... everyone on here keeps complaining that I don’t have a Valad version of Windows,... ok?.... let’s get my computer then to recognize my WiFi connection so that I can put a Valad version of Windows on there I want to put Windows 10 on my laptop but I can’t to do that if I can’t connect to the WiFi it gives me a bunch of Windows error messages so what’s the next step here what do I do?.

Status
Not open for further replies.