Please suggest a very high-end phone hdmi & USB

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
Hi all.

I'm looking for a very high-end phone that should last me a long time.
basic list:
720p screen.
very smooth performance - like in and out of power saving mode, navigation, etc., (most phones can't do this)
run ANY andriod phone app (and games) smoothly.
Desktop like browser - HTML5, Flash, desktop User Agent (so I don't get crappy mobile site versions)
All the basic phone functions, calandar, notes, etc - most phones have this.
run REAL office applications (word with spell checker, spreadsheet, powerpoint-ish, etc - possible to do real work as on a desktop (just with a smaller screen).
Skype video-chat. external micro-SD cards, GPS maps, video playback (divx, mp4, etc)
micro-USB and micro- HDMI - without a dongle.

The first phone I looked at was the Galaxy S3, but that requires video trough the USB port.

If I wait until next year for a phone 4x faster, will it matter if high-phones can run any app now?

I'm also looking a x86 Windows 8 phone - to have a REAL PC in my pocket - may need to wait 2 years for that.

thanks!

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
I think you're going to have to compromise, still. As the more powerful phones update to Android 4.1 JellyBean you're going to lose Flash (folks seem to be in a big rush to do this for some reason). I'd endorse the Galaxy S3 option yet I know you specified video out w/out a dongle.

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005