Plugging laptop to desktop withno internet using VGA

Lissette_1

Estimable
Sep 12, 2015
Alright, so I wasreally looking forward to watching an anime on the big screen (acomputer I built) well,the motherboard turned out not to have wireless capability. Can I plug my vGa from my lsaptop with wireless internet access to this desktop? Will I be able to watch this anime on the desktop screen using laptop internet?

Thank you!

metathias

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
If your laptop has a ethernet port you can plug it directly into your desktop, Or even easier through a hub/switch/router and setup internet connection sharing through on the laptop side.

If you connect up directly from laptop ethernet port to desktop ethernet port, You would have to set up your TCP/IP settings manually. Little arduous for the uninitiated.

Honestly the easier thing is to just go buy a $10-$20 USB wifi card, And be done with it, But it can be solved numerous different ways..

metathias

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
If your laptop has a ethernet port you can plug it directly into your desktop, Or even easier through a hub/switch/router and setup internet connection sharing through on the laptop side.

If you connect up directly from laptop ethernet port to desktop ethernet port, You would have to set up your TCP/IP settings manually. Little arduous for the uninitiated.

Honestly the easier thing is to just go buy a $10-$20 USB wifi card, And be done with it, But it can be solved numerous different ways..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NTManiac Laptop Tech Support 0
johnshammer100 Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 0
Guadol Laptop Tech Support 0
P Laptop Tech Support 1
nerdyotter Laptop Tech Support 0
Lucky247 Laptop Tech Support 0
Pentovillianking Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 5
Pandofla Laptop Tech Support 3
Sherry3scott Laptop Tech Support 1