Plurk Claims Microsoft Stole Its Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

yang

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
wow this could be huge news. Then again they don't look as similar as I originally expected. the codes look indeed very similar though.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
So how do we know who copied who? Seriously, how do you tell? People can stole codes or modify existing site so I am not sure you can tell just by looking at homepage and a few lines. BTW, the homepage reminds me of Facebook.

darkeva

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
This is one of the very rare cases where I'm actually on the Chinese side on a plagiarism issue. I'm Chinese too lol..

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]So how do we know who copied who? Seriously, how do you tell? People can stole codes or modify existing site so I am not sure you can tell just by looking at homepage and a few lines. BTW, the homepage reminds me of Facebook.[/citation]

How bout the Internet Wayback Machine (http://www.archive.org/web/web.php) for starters. You could easily see which website went up first.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
The reason why I wont even click on the link is to not let them get what they want. Emidiate publicity to manage to get known. Tom's I think you should remove them too cause you are just doing what they want you to now.. Adding visits to their page. Hope the next cup of rice will constipate him so much that he bleeds lol.

P.S. my buddy is part Chinese and im no racist.. Dont get this the wrong way :p

G

Hello Microsoft, maybe next time instead of trying to save a few dollars by hiring a group of idiots with no skills that will possibly end up getting you sued for millions of dollars you will just hire a good reliable company in the USA. This way you can be sure of the product you are getting and the reputation of the people you hire.

stromm

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004
Wait, a Chinese company is actually complaining about someone using their design? That's almost hypocritical :)

Status
Not open for further replies.