Pointer Will Not Appear

jefferywinkler

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
I have Windows 10 on HP Pavilion laptop which worked fine up until recently, then all of a sudden, the pointer disappeared. Right now, I'm using the touchscreen but I desperately want the pointer to come back. I went to the "Control Panel" to the part where it says, "mouse and touchpad" and nothing there helps me. I am desperate. Since there is pointer on the screen, it is almost impossible for me to use the computer which means I can not visit this forum to read any responses. Thank you Jeffery Winkler

Solution
Try going into mouse & touchpad settings
Then clicking Additional Mouse Options at the bottom
Then going to the Device Settings tab
Then clicking on the device shown and clicking Enable.
While youre there, making sure that "Disable internal pointing device when external..." is unchecked.

Good luck, hope this helps.

jefferywinkler

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from jefferywinkler : "Pointer Will Not Appear"

I have Windows 10 on an HP Pavilion laptop which worked fine up until recently, except all of a sudden the pointer disappeared and I can't bring it back. I went to the Control Panel and the part called "Mouse and touchpad" and nothing there helps me. Since there is no pointer on the screen the only way I can navigate is to try to use the touchscreen which is almost impossible which means that it is almost impossible for me to use this computer. Therefore, I can not visit this forum to see any responses. Please help me. Thank you Jeffery Winkler

MART3R

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
Try going into mouse & touchpad settings
Then clicking Additional Mouse Options at the bottom
Then going to the Device Settings tab
Then clicking on the device shown and clicking Enable.
While youre there, making sure that "Disable internal pointing device when external..." is unchecked.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Solution