Polk audio 3000 bluetooth subwoofer only

dwaynemichnal

Estimable
Oct 10, 2015
How do I by pass the Bluetooth part of the subwoofer to connect to my home receiver. It's a 7 channel receiver with no sub out. I wired the sub directly with speaker wire but I can't get good bass. The sub only has a power cord and channel ID 1 thru 4. I have the sub so I might as well try to use it. I have it apart and see 2 power boards. How do I wire it to get full use out of it

Solution
How did you wire the sub with speaker wire when it doesn't have any inputs other than bluetooth and the receiver doesn't have subwoofer out?
I suspect you don't have a real AV receiver, which all have line level audio out, but a main unit from a home theater in the box that has the sub amp built in. It would have 2 speaker terminals to connect to a passive woofer.
You could use a speaker to line level converter to provide an analog input for the subwoofer. You would have to find the input to the amplifier that is connected to the speaker in the subwoofer. Might be a separate board. The input to this board would be where you would connect the line level out.
How did you wire the sub with speaker wire when it doesn't have any inputs other than bluetooth and the receiver doesn't have subwoofer out?
I suspect you don't have a real AV receiver, which all have line level audio out, but a main unit from a home theater in the box that has the sub amp built in. It would have 2 speaker terminals to connect to a passive woofer.
You could use a speaker to line level converter to provide an analog input for the subwoofer. You would have to find the input to the amplifier that is connected to the speaker in the subwoofer. Might be a separate board. The input to this board would be where you would connect the line level out.

Solution