Pope Uses Android to Light 750-meter Christmas Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

tulx

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
"The pope was apparently supposed to use an iPad for the lighting of the tree. It's not clear whether there was a miscommunication or if they switched to an Android tablet at the last minute." - God's ways are truly mysterious and wise. :D

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
The Pope knows that the company behind that make Ipad has the history of no good intention even on its own customer and suing everyone that he thinks is wrong or a treat to them.

SoiledBottom

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
In other news

Not to be outdone by the Pope and the Catholic church, Steve Jobs lit the all new Eternal flames of hell pit with an Ipad 2

jimmy-bee

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
The so called Christmas tree is based in Paganism but then again it was the Catholic church that decided Dec 25 was the birthday of Christ Jesus. Jesus was actually born in the spring and Dec 25th used to be the biggest Pagan holiday of the year. But that's the Catholic church for you.
As a Christian I don't celebrate Dec 25, it is now all about money anyway and a holiday for non believers to celebrate and line the pockets of big buiness.

amdfangirl

Distinguished
Herald
Apr 7, 2008
Yes, Christmas is a pagan holiday.

For me it's a consumerist scam to help us justify the need for material goods.

Others may beg to differ. I couldn't care less.

If you are a Christian, celebrate Christmas, it really doesn't matter what day you do, because the point of Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Christ, really doesn't matter if it's the wrong day tbh, as long as you celebrate his birth.

As for me, I'm glad I get a holiday for this. :)

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
I am non believer myself. And I do disagree with amdfangirl. Materialistic or not, if not Christmas, most of winter would be cold and dull. Everyone likes Christmas for nice warm dinner, gifts and family together. It's also probably one time a year I get to see my neighbors shaking hands without giving evil look after.

I love Christmas. No matter how big or small you make it and whether or not you believe in it.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
The Pope was probably advised to not use i devices because of controversy on things like the Manhattan Declaration or Apple response to the 'Siri abortion glitch'.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]The Pope was probably advised to not use i devices because of controversy on things like the Manhattan Declaration or Apple response to the 'Siri abortion glitch'.[/citation]
Or the app was rejected...

Tmanishere

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
I'm not a Christian, but I think it's pretty. If people could enjoy it without religious connotation, even better. Happy Holidays everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.