Question popups how to stop them anymore

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i use chrome for a browser. and for the most part the popups are doing good but lately i ahve been getting them on ebay and a few other sites that adplus and ublock origin and even ad block just will not keep away. for the most part i use ublock origin and pick the item and create a filter but this is not working now for ebay and the car fix site that has the popup on the right side of the screen. so does anyone know how to get those gone or are they getting so good now that these extensions will not work? thanks.

jefrey195762

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2016
just switched to adquard (using it on edge browser) and it does better than ublock origin; only thing i can't get it to stop is a site which when pressing on an item, it opens up a new tab to the left! of the present tab.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
thnks i see a note that chrome may not allow it anymore because of some best practices this site is not doing good. i installed it and will see how it does. so far ADP is blocking 2 ublock origin has 2 adguard 0 adblock 0 on this site. on ebay 21-24-3-3 on YT 1814-0-7-0 on yahoo 10-722-0-0 so it is hard to chose what ad block really does the best with these.