Portable Printer Array Uses Nanobots to Print

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My guess is that each nano-bot requires a nano-ink-cartridge. You know, with about half as much ink as you get in the current generation of ink cartridges, only now you get to buy "at least 100" of them at the same per unit prices as what you pay today.

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
[citation][nom]NanCartridge[/nom]My guess is that each nano-bot requires a nano-ink-cartridge. You know, with about half as much ink as you get in the current generation of ink cartridges, only now you get to buy "at least 100" of them at the same per unit prices as what you pay today.[/citation]

And if Lexmark manufactures the nanobots, you're looking at super-overpriced ink cartridges that cost more than the nanobots themselves! :)

PostmanPat

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
I've got a better idea, just install laser beams in the eye of the operator, then using the patented digi-neuro interface, the images the user thinks about are magically etched onto to the surface in a holgrpaphic 3D pattern. The really cool feature is that it also etches special ridges into the surface that reflect sound waves in a fixed pattern so you can record sound to go with the image. Oh wait a second, does this have to actually be practical... sorry, my bad I thought we were just spouting random ideas here?

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Nanobots can manipulate molecular structure to change the color of any surface. It can manipulate a piece of steel to look and function like a plant. You wouldn't want to eat that plant though. Nanobots are and will be the future. You can mark my words.

Kira1188

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
[citation][nom]linmin30[/nom]============ http://clotheshops.us/ =========50%off ca,ed hardy t-shirt$15 jeans,coach handbag$33,air max90,dunk,polo t-shirt$13,,lacoste t-shirt $13 air jordan for sale,$35,nfl nba jersy for salefree shippingaccept paypal credit cardlower price fast shippment with higher qualityour website: http://clotheshops.us/ BEST QUALITY GUARANTEE!!SAFTY & HONESTY GUARANTEE!!FAST & PROMPT DELIVERY GUARANTEE!!Packing: All the products are packed with original boxes and tags also retro cards/ codenumder[/citation]

WTF... spammers?

Anways... That sounds fricking awesome as a concept... although how big are those stations?

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
My idea is better. To replace CPUs, I'm going to invent water. No no. RE-invent water so that all you do is pour it on your computer, and it will make it run faster than you can ever imagine. I'm selling my product soon, so pe-order it as soon as possible!

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
in his portfolio, the clever artsie fartsie man writes: "distance mesauring unit" ...so not only is he designing stuff with technology not available, he is doing so in a new language? : /

sometimes, these prototype/wildidea articles just leave this sick taste in my mouth...u know...like bile...sigh

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
when I saw the headline I was like "WHOA somebody is doing stuff with nanobots!!!!" then I saw the word concept, and realized its like *all* of the android tablets out there; a nearly nonexistent idea that will probably never make it into production before I get too old to appreciate technology.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
Its not even proof of concept since there is no "proof" it actually works. Proof of concept would require a working prototype. I have tons of tech Max scenes just as good as this but without a working prototype they are just fancy rendered cylinders and boxes.

sneaky jedi

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
[citation][nom]bv90andy[/nom]should have been in the title.Half way in the article I was scared nanotechnology was here and I heard nothing about it.[/citation]

nanotechnology already has applications in biomedical fields such as drug delivery

necronic

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
God, nanotechnology is the buck rogers spaceships/Atomic Age of the 50s. And this is coming from someone who worked with Carbon Nanotubes for years. A couple questions for the artist

1) How did you make something that adheres to "any surface" (the docking stations?)

2) If you can do that, why not just use larger robots, about the size of a tea candle to roll its ass over there and do the printing. What is the benefit of it being "nanobots"? Because I can think of a lot of drawbacks.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]Total BS, this is a proof concept and nothing more.[/citation]
Not proof of concept, but wishfull thinking, just like turning lead into gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.