Portal 2 Release Disrupts Educational System

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishyfish

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]"Due to the high number of students that are feigning illness to play Portal [2], there will be no class tomorrow, April 19."Sounds like a lame excuse for the teacher to play Portal 2.[/citation]

Same thought here! :D

HolyCrusader

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Ugh, these spammers are getting out of control!

Anyhow, I was very much contemplating taking Tuesday off to play Portal 2, but I had too much work come-in on Monday to do so. Still, I've managed to get in several good hours of play on it so-far, and have been enjoying my return to Aperture Science.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Wow... 100,000 people downloading this on bittorrent (at least the stat on btjunkie says that). I hope it doesn't take down the internet. Buy it if you like it

MattPenner

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2007
LOL! This is great. Ah, I wish for the days when I was in college and single again. Back then I would have done this. Now I actually have to work and provide food for other little dependents that call me daddy. Something about setting a good example and all...

killbits

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
preordered it, played the ARG, unlocked it at 11 pm monday night, played until 6am tuesday, went to sleep for 2 hours and finished it tuesday morning just in time to go to work.. replayed co-op all day today.

It's reminiscent of when I first got Ocarina of Time at age 12: it completely changes the way you think about video games. It's like what Star Wars or Avatar did for movies.

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade.
Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell are these?" -Cave Johnson

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]killbits[/nom]preordered it, played the ARG, unlocked it at 11 pm monday night, played until 6am tuesday, went to sleep for 2 hours and finished it tuesday morning just in time to go to work.. replayed co-op all day today.It's reminiscent of when I first got Ocarina of Time at age 12: it completely changes the way you think about video games. It's like what Star Wars or Avatar did for movies. "When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade.Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell are these?" -Cave Johnson[/citation]

Wow you finished it quick good work

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]WTF, I was going to buy the ps3 version for my little brother when I had the money, and I already bought the pc version. if I had known I could save 40 bucks with the ps3 version I would have bought that! Valve seems to be screwing me intentionally lately![/citation]
that's not valve screwing you. That's your own ignorance screwing you. Valve announced this a long time ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.