Possible iPhone 5 Pictures Posted Online; Has Longer Screen

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deicided

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
The butt hurt apple fan boys are downing all comments...just think all new apple docks all around...lol have fun with that. I think I'll stick with my micro USB.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]shine8210[/nom]They made it longer so that they can push it further up your ass when you buy it.[/citation]
meanwhile, Samsung makes their phones wide for more butt-stretching during anal insertion.

ashesofempires04

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
People don't really hate the company, they hate the people that fawn all over apple products as though the products magically make them better than everyone else, the products are god's gift to the world, and are as accessible and fully capable as other products.

Hint: when a mac pro can play half the games that my PC can, I might consider it capable. They aren't as accessible because they are priced far outside what most people can afford. Other then that, I give a shit about how a piece of tech makes me look.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
I know people are bitching about the NEW connector, but it makes sense. Its not as horrible as the standard USB ones (yes, being too small can be problematic).

The newer smaller connector does away with some useless functions and I am betting it has the Thunderbolt interface, along with USB. Yes, it will be a bit painful with all the standard iPhone/iPad interfaces - but I guess they are going to do their transformation on the quick, like pulling off a band-aid.

There is no way for an easy transition to Thunderbolt. But making it a smaller and different connector - there WON'T be uh-oh moments of New tech not working right with older accessories.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Tim Cook is full of it, information, leaks are part of it. Claiming to be highly secretive, but then having random leaks happen create buzz. I mean they've lost 2 iphone's in "bars" really? Come on now. YOu think we are that stupid.

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
might not be accurate as this would mean it wont be "retina", but does this mean they will break their 3.5in statement?
and i dont see anything revolutionary here, just a bigger 4s from what i can see.
the look of the s3 is not mind blowing, but ios is too simple for me, and i like amoled better, now thats innovation. not just using an ips with high rez then calling it "retina"

an improved siri? come on, my cousin was so excited about siri that he sold his 4 to get a 4s, after he got his 4s i never heard him talk about it.

longtom

Honorable
May 30, 2012
I am betting Apple will make available at the time of the iPhone 5 launch an adaptor, which adapts the old connector to the new one, for backwards compatability.
And they will charge every poor bastard who needs one.

longtom

Honorable
May 30, 2012
I am betting Apple will make available at the time of the iPhone 5 launch an adaptor, which adapts the old connector to the new one, for backwards compatability.
And they will charge every poor bastard who needs one.

aragis

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2012
[citation][nom]svdb[/nom]Ya know, it was interesting when the iphone 1 and 2 came out...now there's 5, and soon there will be 6, 7, 8... and I couldn't care less.[/citation]
pfff, even Galaxy Note fits in most pockets

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]longtom[/nom]I am betting Apple will make available at the time of the iPhone 5 launch an adaptor, which adapts the old connector to the new one, for backwards compatability.And they will charge every poor bastard who needs one.[/citation]

they couldn't do that the device would be up too high in the dock with an adapter.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
[citation][nom]subaru41[/nom]So they are going to copy Android on screen resolution, but claim they did it first.[/citation]

And then sue them....

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]qhoa1385[/nom]looks exactly like the old one!... SO INNOVATIVE!!! typical crApple's innovation[/citation]
Yes, because all android phones look really unique right?

becherovka

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
4" isnt a bad size, its what I have now. I dont expect to ever buy a iphone but still interested in what a company with that much money can offer.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]longtom[/nom]I am betting Apple will make available at the time of the iPhone 5 launch an adaptor, which adapts the old connector to the new one, for backwards compatability.And they will charge every poor bastard who needs one.[/citation]
USB2.0 is dated... Apple is going Thunderbolt for their I/O as it destroys USB3.0.

If you don't own apple products, it should matter less to haters. And an adapter is easily possible, shouldn't cost more than $10~30.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]dominyon[/nom]Welcome to phone specs available on Android 2 years ago Apple, well done![/citation]
Really? Show me an Android phone with near HD quality display from 2 years ago?

Funny how there is NOT a single Android tablet with matching CPU and GPU power of the iPad2 or the iPad3. Show me an android tablet with a screen that is comparable to the iPad3 - which is easily higher than my 24" 1920x1200 display! (its 2048-by-1536)

Apple isn't perfect (Some idiot came up with "The New iPad" for a model name.

Status
Not open for further replies.