possible to install CD-ROM?

Vince_1701

Prominent
Feb 13, 2017
I recently picked up an Acer ES1, basic laptop, and although it doesn't have an installed CD-DVD in the side where they usually are, there is a piece that looks like it could be popped off, which is where the CD-DVD would normally be, I'm assuming so they can use the same case for more expensive laptops that will have a CD-DVD installed.Is it possible to install a CD-DVD myself?Is the motherboard inside capable of have one installed?Also, how can you create a 'repair disc' if everything is usb flash?If you need more info to answer, let me know.Thanks!

Vince_1701

Prominent
Feb 13, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Vince_1701 : "possible to install CD-DVD ROM in laptop?"

I recently picked up an Acer ES1, basic laptop, and although it doesn't have an installed CD-DVD in the side where they usually are, there is a piece that looks like it could be popped off, which is where the CD-DVD would normally be, I'm assuming so they can use the same case for more expensive laptops that will have a CD-DVD installed.Is it possible to install a CD-DVD myself?Is the motherboard inside capable of have one installed?Also, how can you create a 'repair disc' if everything is usb flash?If you need more info to answer, let me know.Thanks!

k1114

Distinguished
Because of the custom form factor for each laptop, they use the same mobo for the same model series plus this is a low end laptop with a soldered cpu and limited capabilities. A repair disc or repair usb is the same thing. They have the same files. The only difference is the files are stored on cd rather than usb.