Power adapter amps guide for new amplifier

venky srinivas

Estimable
Apr 22, 2014
Hi,

I bought a new mini amplifier lepy lp838 for my old pioneer home theater system (whose dvd is totally dead).Now the problem is my mini amp asks for input rating of 12v 3a so i am finding difficulty to buy the 12v 3a power adapter but 12v 2a adapter is available at every shop can i use this one??? And also I have a 12v 1a power adapter with me can i use this instead?? Please help.

Solution
Try it, and when u touch the adapter and it gets super-hot, that's the signal that says, DANGER, need a beefier adapter.

No Amazon where u are? 'cuz I just bought a 10A adapter from them.

venky srinivas

Estimable
Apr 22, 2014
I am from india and 3a adapter cost is almost equal to the amplifier lol and if i use 12v 1a adapter with the amp only the adapter is in danger right not the amp??? I don't want to risk my amplifier

Am always surprised to hear this, doesn't India have the famous IIT, the powerful TATA, the Call Center universe? they gonna take over China as the new tech of the planet? :)

Anywoo the amp may also starts to run hotter than usual, but u should be able to hear this, starts sounding bad before damage.

venky srinivas

Estimable
Apr 22, 2014
Ok thank you jsmithepa i will wait for to get the right adapter instead. I don't want to damage the amp and as far as india goes it not much into production of electtonics there is what our country lacks.