Power button on acer aspire doesn't "click" but still works.

Cording_to

Estimable
Apr 26, 2015
Hi,

I'm trying to refurbish an Acer Aspire. The power button has no tactile click. It only 'smooshes' down. It works but it can be tricky to tell when you have pressed it.

Has anyone had experience fixing this?

Solution

I did replace a button on a refurbished PC, just remove the front panel, remove the button and glue a better button. If the "plastic button" on the front panel is too short to press the real button, put a screw inside the "finger" of the plastic button.
Just remove the front panel and you will understand.

antoine21839

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017

I did replace a button on a refurbished PC, just remove the front panel, remove the button and glue a better button. If the "plastic button" on the front panel is too short to press the real button, put a screw inside the "finger" of the plastic button.
Just remove the front panel and you will understand.

Solution

I assume this is a laptop you're referring to since you've posted it on "Laptop Tech Support"?

Laptop power buttons are not designed to click since, unlike a desktop PC, there is no no mechanical mechanism underneath it. That's why they usually have an LED indicator built-in to it or near it to indicate that the button-press has responded.