Power off Yamaha YAS-207 every night?

Sep 3, 2018
Husband insists Yamaha YAS-207 should be powered off each time when not in use. I do not see any such recommendation in the manual. The manual does suggest to unplug unit if you plan to be away from home for an extended period of time, but no mention is made of turning sound bar off when you turn TV off.

Can someone please advise?

Solution
There are 2 types of people (& generally it's a generational/age thing)

1. People who turn off everything at the socket when they're not using it.
2. People who,leave the socket on & everything on standby - because barely any modern electrical items have a physical on/off switch nowadays.

Neither is wrong , option 1 is ever so slightly less convenient but unfortunately 90% of the population (myself included) tend to go with option 2 which is incredibly wasteful.

Lutfij

Splendid
In essence what the turning off of devices does is remove the device from pulling power from your outlet. Even if it's minimal, it's considered vampiric power draw. In the event that you are a little away minding more critical tasks a power surge can also knock out your devices which is also why it's a good practice to turn off your appliances regardless of how far you are from it, when not in use.

Turning devices off when you've finished using them is a good habit to get in to.
You shouldn't need to see it written in an instruction book to know it just makes sense for safety and saving power.

One soundbar may not consume much when left on, but multiply that by all the other devices you probably leave switched on around your home.

There are 2 types of people (& generally it's a generational/age thing)

1. People who turn off everything at the socket when they're not using it.
2. People who,leave the socket on & everything on standby - because barely any modern electrical items have a physical on/off switch nowadays.

Neither is wrong , option 1 is ever so slightly less convenient but unfortunately 90% of the population (myself included) tend to go with option 2 which is incredibly wasteful.

Solution
If your don't put the soundbar in standby manually it will almost positively do that for you 5-10 minutes after the TV is turned off.
If it doesn't then the amount of power it pulls when there is no input present if likely to be only .5-5 watts higher than when it's in standby. Not enough for most of us to worry about.
If you are going on a trip then actually pulling the AC plugs does offer additional insurance against any damage caused by power problems. Surge protectors wear out and won't help against power outages and high voltages that can occur when power comes back. The downside is that if you leave some equipment unplugged you may lose any settings and channels stored in memory.

I have an elder sister who, every time she's done with the PC, she unplugs everything, I mean absolutely everything, even the wall wart that powers the modem. She has a power strip and could just power that off but no, she feels she must physically separate the wall wart from the power strip, drives me nuts! Good thing I don't live with her! :D