Pressing home button and most of the websites redirect to a donkey video on youtube.

Aidas123

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
So after the last lesson of school, I tried to press my homepage and got redirected to youtube video of braying donkey. Everything was fine the lesson before. I think I might have gotten some kinda of malware or a virus. I suspect my old schools homepage that gave me an error when I entered it. When I ran the URL by nortons safe web checker I get this : http://imgur.com/a/POZvk
Is this something I can fix myself, because I have to wait until monday to ask the IT guy in our school for help.

Solution
Well you could run your AV/anti-malware software....

And, just in general, it could be that your computer has been hi-jacked by some such infection. Or even some trick being played on you by a classmate. Did you let anyone else use your computer or leave it unattended somewhere?

Really best to let the IT guy check the computer and make the necessary fix(es).
Could be a number of possibilities...

If the computer belongs to the school you should certainly let the IT guy there provide direct help.

If the computer is yours it would still be wise to let the IT guy help.

You do not know the source of the problem and if, for example, you do have a virus or malware, you do not want to a) either spread it to the school, or b)if you do manage to fix it then just get reinfected again via the school.

Yes! Get IT guy help.

Aidas123

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013

It is really weird, because google search does not find anything even remotely close to the issue that I have. I continued using the computer and did not see any affects of it besides redirecting. Even when you press the home button, you can see that it says in the left hand upper corner that it is redirecting to youtube, not a scam or ad site, but youtube. I imagine it is some kind of malware inside chrome.

Well you could run your AV/anti-malware software....

And, just in general, it could be that your computer has been hi-jacked by some such infection. Or even some trick being played on you by a classmate. Did you let anyone else use your computer or leave it unattended somewhere?

Really best to let the IT guy check the computer and make the necessary fix(es).

Solution