Prisoners Hacking PS3 to Charge Their Phones

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikez

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
[citation][nom]barmaley[/nom]PS3's inside prison cells and ordering meals??? Talk about "doing time" in style !What kind of crime do I need to commit to go to THAT prison?[/citation]
An international crime. Hahaha.

mr_tuel

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
This is not a new phenomenon, many jails/prisons have these kind of entertainment options. Seems like motivation for criminals to stay criminals to me...

G

Petty, petty people on here.
Their freedom is taken away, they are cut off from their families and loved ones and social contact.
Their 'few' healthy years in life are wasting away, they are treated like a child every single day.

If you don't see how that is punishment then idk what to tell you.

How is a shitty games console any different from prisoners getting books or tv in prison.

Do you really want these people to go out of their mind in their cells, like in the US , sticking prisoners in isolation cells for months at a time?
Do you really want to breed resentment for the world and society in to these people by treating them worse than an animal? Have them lose their sanity through isolation before you release them back on the streets once their punishment has been served?

Fuck, people can be stupid.

G

I think you people will be very shock when you find out the 5 star prison in the Netherlands. Those country believe prison should be rehabilitation not a system to punish.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
This is a teenage dream - play video games all day long and have someone else make your food for you. All you have to do is go to jail.

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Oh here we go - figured there'd be some bedwetting libtard coming to the defense of CRIMINALS:

[citation][nom]stephanB[/nom]Petty, petty people on here.Their freedom is taken away, they are cut off from their families and loved ones and social contact.Their 'few' healthy years in life are wasting away, they are treated like a child every single day.[/citation]

Well they should have thought of that BEFORE committing the crime. I have NO sorrow whatsoever for the thugs that REFUSE to obey LAW like the freaking REST OF US.

[citation][nom]stephanB[/nom]If you don't see how that is punishment then idk what to tell you.How is a shitty games console any different from prisoners getting books or tv in prison.[/citation]

1) Xbox Fanboy comments need not apply here, ya mindless troglodyte. 2) They shouldn't even have TV's as far as I care. See my first paragraph response.

[citation][nom]stephanB[/nom]Do you really want these people to go out of their mind in their cells, like in the US , sticking prisoners in isolation cells for months at a time?Do you really want to breed resentment for the world and society in to these people by treating them worse than an animal? Have them lose their sanity through isolation before you release them back on the streets once their punishment has been served?Fuck, people can be stupid.[/citation]

1) Prisoners go in isolation cells when they have committed a crime or caused trouble while ALREADY in jail. The others are in confinement for a REASON, you IDIOT. Like being MASS MURDERERS.

2) I don't give a rat's ass what the "world" thinks about how the US treats ITS OWN PRISONERS. Big middle finger to any one of them for all I care and they can run their opinion up their rectum with a red hot poker.

3) It's mindless bed wetting criminal pacifists like you who continue to contribute to why we - and the UK - continues to have crime problems. No REAL punishment and all kinds of luxuries. But ya know what bedwetter? At least the US has the option to kill a criminal in self defense/home defense if necessary and then we don't ever have to worry about the scum again. DRT - dead right there.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
This is so wrong. We earn our consoles, and the damn prisoners get it for free, in addition to great food.

What we should be doing is sending them over to the arctic, give them 2 bottles of water and bid them good luck. If they can make it back down to civilization then good, otherwise you die.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Article[/nom]They can even order their meals from computer terminals. And they say crime doesn't pay...[/citation]

Clearly, it does in the UK

G

I Just got out off Cat A Prison Woodhill in UK. Adult Wing (After I Beat the fuck out of someone who was drunk and thought it was a good idea to beat his girl then attack my mum who tried to stop him from beating her) Judge thought I Went to far, I thought i was defending my family, Some Facts To follow Yes we was allowed PS2 In there but only The Enhanced prisoners. USB Ports filled in with epoxy glue after x rayed. Takes about 6 months to get 1 and Violent games or any 18 rated games Not allowed, To someone who asked if we pay T.V. License Yes we do 50p a week, If There was not something to pass the time like T.Vs and reasons to be good. There would be a lot more trouble inside prison walls, So people would in turn return to Road worse than when they went in. YES You can buy things from Argos But only certain things are allowed inside to you like Radios, watches. Thats about it! Anything else you buy not allowed can be handed out as gifts to your visitors on birthdays or xmas or PROPED OUT So many people get so much wrong on the facts, I Had a mobile in There as did others I charged it with my radio wire, Yes Woodhill has mobile phone Blocking/Tracking Stuff BUT The Mobile Blocking tech Blocks more than the prisons area Blocking the housing estates around it so its hardly ever used, The Tracking stuff is what they use to try catch us with DST or Dedicated Search Teams When a wings mobile tracker picks up a signal they Search the cells they think the signal came from or who is most likely to have a phone on the wing. Duh I Send a message from my mobile to another mobile on the wing they forward it to someone else in the prison B4 they send it out To someone on the outside Making there detection software go crazy! How do I Know this you may wonder? Prisoners are allowed to smoke in there cells, Prison guards who smoke cant smoke whilst working. So lets say a Certain guard wants a dearest comrade he has to come into my cell, LOL For a friendly chat and puff...

Status
Not open for further replies.