Problem changing channel:

Ian

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2004
74
0
18,580
0
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

I have had a shpowstopper for a few years now and have used it with a
General Instruments cable box (dct-1000) with no issues until
recently.

In the last cople of weeks, twice now, it apperals like the RepalyTV
stops sneding the channel codes to the cable box. The cbale box
doesn't responde at all to the REplayTV but it does respond to the
normal remote. The cable box makes no attempt to change channels when
under control of the Replay TV. Nothing, no partial channel numbers at
all.

Is there an easy way to check that the REplay TV is accually sneding
numbers out to the cable box?

Any ideas?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

Hold up the IR Blaster to an IR tester. You can get a kit for a few
bucks at:

http://www.gibsonteched.com/vmk137.html



From:Ian
ian_journeaux@hotmail.com

> I have had a shpowstopper for a few years now and have used it with a
> General Instruments cable box (dct-1000) with no issues until
> recently.
>
> In the last cople of weeks, twice now, it apperals like the RepalyTV
> stops sneding the channel codes to the cable box. The cbale box
> doesn't responde at all to the REplayTV but it does respond to the
> normal remote. The cable box makes no attempt to change channels when
> under control of the Replay TV. Nothing, no partial channel numbers at
> all.
>
> Is there an easy way to check that the REplay TV is accually sneding
> numbers out to the cable box?
>
> Any ideas?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 03:55:42 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
wrote:

>Hold up the IR Blaster to an IR tester. You can get a kit for a few
>bucks at:
>
> http://www.gibsonteched.com/vmk137.html
>
>

Note that if you have a black-and-white video camera (as I do), you
already have a tester. These cameras are sensative to IR. I can point
the remote at the camera, and press a button. This produces a bright
white light on the monitor.

>
>From:Ian
>ian_journeaux@hotmail.com
>
>> I have had a shpowstopper for a few years now and have used it with a
>> General Instruments cable box (dct-1000) with no issues until
>> recently.
>>
>> In the last cople of weeks, twice now, it apperals like the RepalyTV
>> stops sneding the channel codes to the cable box. The cbale box
>> doesn't responde at all to the REplayTV but it does respond to the
>> normal remote. The cable box makes no attempt to change channels when
>> under control of the Replay TV. Nothing, no partial channel numbers at
>> all.
>>
>> Is there an easy way to check that the REplay TV is accually sneding
>> numbers out to the cable box?
>>
>> Any ideas?
>

--
97 days until the winter solstice celebration

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

In article <2r73d.11306$XW.9669@twister.socal.rr.com>,
"BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote:

> Hold up the IR Blaster to an IR tester. You can get a kit for a few
> bucks at:
>
> http://www.gibsonteched.com/vmk137.html

Or hold the blaster next to a portable am radio. If it's working you'll
definitely hear it

___________________________

jpmis* speedfactory * net
___________________________
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

also, camcorders with night-shot features will also do the same thing.

"Mark Lloyd" <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote in message
news:n06rk0p0slubbqbk5t2gfdko1ocgm8aibi@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 03:55:42 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hold up the IR Blaster to an IR tester. You can get a kit for a few
> >bucks at:
> >
> > http://www.gibsonteched.com/vmk137.html
> >
> >
>
> Note that if you have a black-and-white video camera (as I do), you
> already have a tester. These cameras are sensative to IR. I can point
> the remote at the camera, and press a button. This produces a bright
> white light on the monitor.
>
> >
> >From:Ian
> >ian_journeaux@hotmail.com
> >
> >> I have had a shpowstopper for a few years now and have used it with a
> >> General Instruments cable box (dct-1000) with no issues until
> >> recently.
> >>
> >> In the last cople of weeks, twice now, it apperals like the RepalyTV
> >> stops sneding the channel codes to the cable box. The cbale box
> >> doesn't responde at all to the REplayTV but it does respond to the
> >> normal remote. The cable box makes no attempt to change channels when
> >> under control of the Replay TV. Nothing, no partial channel numbers at
> >> all.
> >>
> >> Is there an easy way to check that the REplay TV is accually sneding
> >> numbers out to the cable box?
> >>
> >> Any ideas?
> >
>
> --
> 97 days until the winter solstice celebration
>
> Mark Lloyd
> http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Streaming Video & TVs 12
eHx123 Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 3
Pennsylvania Mike Streaming Video & TVs 2
kami2k Streaming Video & TVs 1
X Streaming Video & TVs 2
GregIvins Streaming Video & TVs 4
M Streaming Video & TVs 4
Hollonidas Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
X Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 5
Fluffy4000 Streaming Video & TVs 2
W Streaming Video & TVs 1
ScorpiusCRO Streaming Video & TVs 0
Loco_Gizmo Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 3
I Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 1

ASK THE COMMUNITY