Question Problem with Bitdefender Total Security

Mar 23, 2021
Hello,

I have a Problem with Bitdefender Total Security,
Yesterday i suddenly got my disk C full (in about an hour) , at first i didn't know what was taking so much space , then i installed TreeSize and it showed me that about 80 GB space was taken by Bitdefender in C:\ProgramData/Bitdefender folder. there are about 20 or 30 TEMP files from 200MB to 7 GB each. and i can't even delete them, it says i need administrator permissions but my account has administrator rights. i don't know what to do please help if somebody can :)

Best regards,
Grens

Mar 23, 2021
It is my home PC, i have tried to take ownership but i can't change them.

These Bitdefender files and folders are the only ones which i have problem with, i even made an Administrator account with full privileges, i tried everything but it doesn't work.

And BTW can it be a virus or there is just a technical issue with Bitdefender?

Mar 23, 2021
No no i didn't install anything, i have been using Bitdefender Total Security for a year now and never had issue like that.
I have an 120 GB SSD and as i mentioned earlier yesterday i suddenly got disk space full in about an hour. And also i have 2 hard drives 1 TB each but they are fine, no problems detected.

Mar 23, 2021
hello Bitdefender_ ,

Do you mean bitdefender temp files or windows temp files? Cause i am talking about Bitdefender temp files which are located in C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\Desktop\EnginesTemp.