Problem with DELL Ispiron 14 5000 series

Zoey_00

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
hi, i have just updated my anti-virus subscription but after that, my desktop stops working and my start menu couldn't open. i ended up having to press the power button and it seems like it went hibernation. i press the power button again and it wakes up.i do it again and now the the whole laptop doesn't work even if i press for a long time on the power button. Please help? :(

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it doesn't work, reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of second then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Next to try is to load your laptop in Safe Mode and run System Restore.
- Here's how to run System Restore: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc
- If all these will not work your last option would be to reinstall Windows.

Zoey_00

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016

i have tried removing the battery and unplug the AC adapter but it is still not working. is there something wrong with my computer or is it about me reinstall the anti-virus software?

yimmi

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
ok does the laptop opens up when you press the power button?If yes,what is the antivirus?Because I have the dell inspiron 5558 and I had the mccafe which I uninstalled,because it caused me similar issues(random freezes,heavy ram issues,hdd,cpu)