Problem with GeForce Experience

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moustafa_Elsawy

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013
Hey guys,

So I've been having this problem with Geforce experience. It refuses to run for me, it used to work in the past but a few weeks ago it refuses to run. Shows in the task bar but doesn't respond to the endless clicks that I try to get it to run.
I tried the following:
1) uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version, nothing it doesn't run.
2) running as administrator, still doesn't run.
3) clearing all my nvidia drivers in safe mode and reinstalling, no luck still.

I'm just very curious what happens when I double click on it, I can't see any response from it what so ever. Very weird

Your answers are well appreciated!

Edit: is it possible that a program is blocking it from running?

asgard1123

Estimable
Feb 10, 2015
Try going to the NVIDIA web site selecting and downloading the latest driver. Run and select Custom Install. Tick the box for "Clean Install". Worked for me.

The event log shows:- The description for Event ID 2001 from source NvStreamSvc cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

NvStreamSvc
Failed continue stopping. [0]

This implies that a piece of the program is missing, so a reinstall is indicated.

AmberStorm

Estimable
Mar 15, 2015

Thanks so much! I think this is one of the more helpful answers here :]

DuckaSocks

Estimable
Mar 20, 2015

I try that, but backend pops back up, any suggestions? I've completely uninstalled, then re-installed, still nothing. I use the 'Update driver' way and still nothing.

entropydown

Estimable
Mar 2, 2015
most people don't need geforce experience. unless you are using shadowplay or the streaming gamebox thing your best bet is to uninstall the drivers then reinstall them without the extra system overhead of the geforce experience. mine runs terrible with the experience and great without it( you can optimize your own games its not hard)

CIFer

Estimable
May 4, 2015
This is the problem of anti-virus/Firewall. Try configuring them.
Even if you uninstall the anti-virus completely, some kernel or core files still remain that creates this problem. Try the Uninstaller tool of corresponding anti-virus (like Norton removal tool for Norton AV).

kakusso

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015

Great! Your solution works. Thanks

SkyLiink

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015

Try to run the program as an Administrator from either your Desktop or its file location :)
That worked for me :)
I think this problem accurs when you are not on any internet, and try to update it or refresh the game optimization library :)
Hope this worked ;)

falcontrh

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015
Hi,
I noticed a couple of things about this problem today that I thought I'd put out there in case it helps in developing a solution. This problem described just started for me today. I'm using an Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 and the latest GeForce Experience software as of today on Windows 7. 2 through 4 below are things that did not work...and 5 did work - its how I worked around the issue.

1. When I log in as the true "Adminstrator" account I can get the GeForce Experience to start and run every time just fine.
2. When I log in as standard user Me, I can't get the software to run and I get the message "Could not start GeForce Experience. Check to see if your anti-virus or firewall software is preventing local connections."
3. When I log in as standard user Me, run the software with 'run as administrator' and enter the Admin password under the Administrator account in User Access Control - the software does not run and I get the same message as in 2.
4. When I change the Me account to be an administrator type, attempt to run the software with 'run as administrator', and enter the administrator password under the Administrator account in User Access Control...the software does not run and I get the same message as in 2.
5. HOWEVER...when I change the Me account to be an administrator type, attempt to run the software with 'run as administrator', and enter the Me account password under the Me account in User Access Control...the software works as expected.

I had installed Avast antivirus a while ago...and then uninstalled it today. I installed Webroot's SecureAnywhere product today. And, I installed about 50 updates to Windows from Microsoft today. It's possible that any of those, or the Windows update itself changed a security policy that is now causing this problem. I had tried both deactivating anti-virus and turning off the firewall and that did not work...which is why I think it is a higher level security policy.

My guess up to this point is that due to a security policy change, local connections between programs are not allowed to be created by one computer account for another, regardless of the use of admin privileges or the Administrator account.

So, to sum up...I changed my user account from standard user to administrator type, and then when I 'run as administrator' I enter my (named 'Me') user account's password under its own user (named 'Me') credentials in User Access Control to get the software to run. I don't use the true administrator account. Believe it or not I think the 'run as administrator' is still necessary even though my account is of the administrator type.

I hope this helps some of you out there.

Good luck!

dmitche3

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
I had problems upgrading also. Here was mine and MANY other's reason.

I had XFAST RAM turned on, well part of it. I had "System Temp" setup to use the RAM drive created in memory. This CAUSED MAJOR PROBLEMS not only with this upgrade but other things as I only had 230MB allocated to it and I would run into "out of space" messages. I had this set to 1 GB but lowered it as I need more space. Turned it off for all but browsers now.

Sometimes we get to fancy for our own good.

asgard1123

Estimable
Feb 10, 2015

This seems to be a common problem.
I solved mine by:
1. uninstalling
2. cleaning the registry
3. downloading the latest vesion
4. install, DO NOT use the express install. Manual install ("run as administrator") , and don't forget to tick the box for a new install.

madloo08

Estimable
Oct 29, 2014

excellent thanks

Frank_313

Estimable
Sep 24, 2015

Thanks! I tried everything above, but only this did the trick!

Sudworthy

Estimable
Nov 9, 2015

You sir are a god amongst men! been trying to update my driver for weeks and now i finally can:p thaaaaaanks

Noobatheart9711

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015
I had the same problem for me but I clicked on "Run as Administrator" and it worked after that. So I assume if you are not on an admin account that the local firewall will block it unless you run the program administratively.

Noel_3

Estimable
Dec 21, 2015

Hi Noobathear..
Did all that,even did clean install few times but recently worked with bit of delay sometimes takes more time buffering it takes a few minutes to open, at least it opens but i left shadow play on so i don't have to open the program.at least I am able to use it. thanks for your reply.

Noel_3

Estimable
Dec 21, 2015

Thanks but i fixed it this morning only issue left it keeps searching for long for updates but it opens in 5 sec now games can be found and i can even log in my acc.

Status
Not open for further replies.