Problem with my Monitor/Screen (Cut off edges)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acko

Estimable
May 13, 2015
Hello, dear community,

I have a problem with my monitor. Here's the story:

I left my computer on overnight (like I do many times) and went to sleep. When I woke up, the power went off so the computer shut down, and when I came home after 11 hours and turned the computer on, I noticed a weird bug on my screen. The edges of the screen were cut off and there was no way to fix it! (I tried moving the screen position, restarting the computer, reinstalling the graphics driver, unplugging the monitor cables).

Also, when I take a screenshot and look at the picture, the picture shows the whole screen normally, like there is no cut off edge.

It also looks like the screen got enlarged somehow. The upper side is bigger than before and I cannot make the lower and upper side fit into the screen anymore, while the left and right side fit, but the right side has a black area which hides a little part of the screen (a wide vertical line). I also noticed that the black area disappears from the right side and appears on the left side when I changed (reduced) the resolution.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

TrMark

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013

So I was having the same issue that OP had, how I fixed it was I opened the Nvidia control panel. I had to create a custom resolution for 1590x900 instead of the 1600x1900 that it is meant to be. Then I went into the adjust desktop position and scaling options and turned off scaling for that monitor and now it looks perfect.

Aug 7, 2018

ty bro that was really helpful your best

Status
Not open for further replies.