With my Dell Inspiron laptop, lately I have been having problems with my internet connection' suddenly it disconnects from the internet , when I do a diagnostic procedure it tells me that I am missing some protocols, I have tried several repairs with no success , it still drops the internet connection, if I disconnect from the home net and reconnect it works for about 10 to 20 minutes and then it starts again with the problem. Any advice
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the wifi adapter.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the wifi adapter.
- Once uninstalled, reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically upon reboot.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If the same problem will persist, do load the laptop into Safe Mode with Networking and observe if you'll have the same problem.
- If it will work normally in Safe Mode with Networking that could only mean that your antivirus is causing the problem.
- Try loading back to the normal mode and disable your antivirus and see if it will work or not.
- If all these will not work, I would suggest reinstalling Windows as the last option.