Solved! Network sharing no longer sharing Internet connection.

Sep 26, 2021
Recently I am no longer able to share internet connection using by laptop or mobile. I use my laptop to share my internet connection to my PS4, as a shared wired connection is still more stable than a wireless connection, but recently I am no longer able to. My PS4 will obtain IP address and connect but there will be no internet. Same scenario when I share my WiFi using mobile hotspot. My laptop and PS4 will connect to the hotspot connection but there will be no internet.

I have tried bridging the connection between PS4 and my laptop. Firstly the bridging takes multiple attempts and every 20-25 mins it disconnects for like 30 seconds. There is no internet connection in those 30 seconds on both my PS4 and laptop.

I tried a different laptop, which even supports WiFi6, but same results. There is connection but the internet is not shared.
It was working perfectly fine 2 days ago and no one has messed with the router/internet settings since. I have a TP-Link router with a cable internet.

mrmike16

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
If this happens with another laptop, try checking your PS4's settings. I'm not familiar with the PS4, so I can't tell you what settings to check or what Wi-Fi adapter it uses. You can also try with another Wi-Fi adapter on the PS4, if it supports that.

mrmike16

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
If this happens with another laptop, try checking your PS4's settings. I'm not familiar with the PS4, so I can't tell you what settings to check or what Wi-Fi adapter it uses. You can also try with another Wi-Fi adapter on the PS4, if it supports that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Laptop Tech Support 0
H Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 8
F Laptop Tech Support 2
potatopiratesgo Laptop Tech Support 0
B Laptop Tech Support 8
amboozle Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 3
Emadmasroor Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 2