Solved! Network sharing no longer sharing Internet connection.

Sep 26, 2021
Recently I am no longer able to share internet connection using by laptop or mobile. I use my laptop to share my internet connection to my PS4, as a shared wired connection is still more stable than a wireless connection, but recently I am no longer able to. My PS4 will obtain IP address and connect but there will be no internet. Same scenario when I share my WiFi using mobile hotspot. My laptop and PS4 will connect to the hotspot connection but there will be no internet.

I have tried bridging the connection between PS4 and my laptop. Firstly the bridging takes multiple attempts and every 20-25 mins it disconnects for like 30 seconds. There is no internet connection in those 30 seconds on both my PS4 and laptop.

I tried a different laptop, which even supports WiFi6, but same results. There is connection but the internet is not shared.
It was working perfectly fine 2 days ago and no one has messed with the router/internet settings since. I have a TP-Link router with a cable internet.

Solution
If this happens with another laptop, try checking your PS4's settings. I'm not familiar with the PS4, so I can't tell you what settings to check or what Wi-Fi adapter it uses. You can also try with another Wi-Fi adapter on the PS4, if it supports that.

mrmike16

Honorable
If this happens with another laptop, try checking your PS4's settings. I'm not familiar with the PS4, so I can't tell you what settings to check or what Wi-Fi adapter it uses. You can also try with another Wi-Fi adapter on the PS4, if it supports that.

Solution