Problem with Yahoo Messenger Installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdonovan1

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2012
I am just wondering if anyone might happen to know as to why yahoo messenger 11.5 keeps giving me the message 'Install Unsuccessful' when I try to install it on a 64 bit Windows 7 system.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled my operating system several times from scratch and each time I still get the same message. I've tried installing it both after I have downloaded and installed all the Windows updates and I've tried it before installing the Windows updates after completely wiping the operating system and reinstalling the operating system.

It was working before on the same machine, but now I can't get it to install for the life of me and at the moment I can't figure it out. If anyone might happen to know as to why it might be doing that and what I can do to solve the issue, then I'd greatly appreciate it if you could let me know.

I've checked the Yahoo Messenger website for answers, but so far I can't find anything that really works. Everything that I have tried so far to correct the problem has failed.

manojgj

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
download ccleaner & install it..
uninstall yahoo messenger using uninstaller in ccleaner, restart pc(not necessary but its better to restart after uninstallation when you have errors )
open ccleaner -> registry cleaner & scan it...
backup if you want or just fix registry errors ...
then download a fresh copy of messenger ant install it...
also make sure you have flash player, shockwave java plugin's uptodate along with .net framework & Microsoft Visual C++ ...
(i had same kind of issues with some other apps & this method solved it, hope it helps you)

rdonovan1

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2012
I have tried that solution several times without any success. I just tried it again after running CCleaner, having the program fix all the problems that it detected and restarting my computer.

I still get the same error message with Yahoo Messenger however and at the moment I've been unable to resolve the issue with it.

Something has got to be causing it to come up with that message, but the question is as to what it is that could be causing it to come up with that message and how to resolve it so that the software will install.

I've even considered the possibility that it could be something with my hard drive or some other piece of hardware, but at the moment I haven't been able to find anything wrong with any of the hardware that could be causing that problem.

I've even taken the heatsink, processor, and power supply out of the computer and thoroughly cleaned them thinking that maybe there was something there that could have effected my hardware and therefore caused a problem with the installation of the operating system which could in turn cause Yahoo Messenger to not install.

I'm stumped at the moment on this issue. I haven't really had many problems with my current computer system that could explain it. I've had a couple of hard drive fail on me and because of that I've had to go to a 320 GB Western Digital hard drive.

The only real issue that I've had with this computer lately is that I recently got a Blue Screen of Death message with Windows 7. It did not last long and it did not record any logs at all.

I redid the operating system after that thinking that maybe the OS didn't install properly and that maybe that was the reason why Yahoo Messenger won't install properly, but so far everything that I've tried to resolve the issue has failed.

At the moment I'm not sure as to what else I can really try and do to resolve the issue. Like I said Yahoo Messenger was working before on the same machine with the same OS and hardware until I reinstalled the OS because of an issue that I was having with eBay's Turbo Lister program.

Since then I have not been able to get Yahoo Messenger to reinstall on the same machine for any reason. Maybe I'm overlooking something, but if I am then I sure as hell can't figure out as to what I could be overlooking.

It's frustrating when stuff like this happens as I need the computer to be working properly for business reasons.

The only real problem that I've been having with my hard drives is that I lack the money to go out and buy newer larger hard drives. I did have larger hard drives in the computer before, but they failed due to age and as to date I have not had the funds to go out and buy newer, larger hard drives for my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.