Problems with Logitech Speakers

ShadowsVoid

Honorable
Jun 23, 2013
Hi, I recently bought the Logitech Z506s 5.1 surround speakers and I'm experiencing some problems.

First off, the rear speakers are not working when I play music or anything on the web, but they work in the 5.1 surround sound test...

Second, the bass from the sub woofer is rather weak. when I turn the bass dial up, the audio pops and it cuts out for the other speakers, yet making zero difference on the sub woofer.

I have all cables connected correctly, (they are colour coded, green, orange and black). I'm using these speakers on my PC with onboard sound from the motherboard (AsRock Extreme4 970). I believe I have the latest Realtek drivers installed (30/07/2013, quite old).

Anyone got ideas as to what the problem is? Thanks!

Solution
Enable speaker fill in the realtek control panel to get sound from all speakers. Disable bass control in there also. You may have to configure your windows sound controls as well. Playback devices: properties/configuration.

sincreator

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Enable speaker fill in the realtek control panel to get sound from all speakers. Disable bass control in there also. You may have to configure your windows sound controls as well. Playback devices: properties/configuration.

Solution

ShadowsVoid

Honorable
Jun 23, 2013
Ok I have got my rear speakers working. The main problem is the sub woofer, it just cuts out and does hiccups when bassy sounds are played affecting the other speakers. I tested the speakers on my phone and same problem occurs

sincreator

Distinguished
May 27, 2009

What happens if you turn the sub all the way down and control the bass from the software level? Is this a possible workaround for you?

TRENDING THREADS