Problems with my ACER 5532 wireless LAN

G

Hello,
My wireless LAN button on my laptop wont turn on so that I can get an internet connection. My computer says its disabled but when i try to enable it. It wont work it just stays disabled.

G

I assume you're talking about a physical switch on the laptop case (or an Fn key combination).

There's also the facility to disable/enable a wireless connection in Windows. Check in case one of those hasn't been done.

Once you covered those bases, go Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager and check that the wireless adapter is present and not yellow flagged.

If it is wrong, uninstall it and refresh the list and see what issues come up.

If necessary download the latest driver for it -- either from Acer or (perhaps a newer version from the chipset maker, if that can be identified).

maherd

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
HI I have an Acer Aspire 5572 and I had the same problem when the light wouldn't go on for wireless connection. I went through all the forums and finally found one that said to check my ePower Management. I did this and found that as I had it on Power Saver it switched off the wireless connection. So I changed it to Balanced or High Performance and the light came back on and instant internet connection. Such a simple solution but I wonder how many people are aware of this feature on Acer laptops and going through more technical solutions without checking their power management first.

G

Maherd: not surprising really as wireless does drain power. The pity is this sort of info should be red-flagged in the manual -- assuming anyone reads that !

I've heard that the physical wireless switch on laptops is proving a nice little earner for repair guys who get to charge a call-out fee just for pressing the switch.

blowcat

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
I have an Aspire 5532 purchased in the uk in December 2010. The in-built wireless connection has never worked. i have Just broke the second Belkin adaptor costing over £30 so thought I would investigate the wireless card.
All I have done is switch round the black and white wire to the wireless card and now its working great so far.
I put the cables on their original setup and it fails to work, so it was definately connected wrong in the manafactures. Hope this helps someone as its very upsetting to have an expensive toy not woking.
Happy days!! :hello:

dougschif

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
Hello,
My wireless LAN button on my laptop wont turn on so that I can get an internet connection. My computer says its disabled but when i try to enable it. It wont work it just stays disabled.
hi ijust bought a new aspire 5250 laptop with same problem wireless won't stay connected and was slow i called acer support and they had me download the latest driver for wireless lan within 5 minutes the problem was fixed.

M11K33

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
Was having the same problem.

I mistakenly unchecked some acer programs in msconfig start up.

Fixed by looking for the acer programs and checked the boxes for them.

G

easiest and cheap way is to change the wireless card of your laptop you can use any wireless card axcet the old ones, like this one.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260930141787?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

vraj

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
my laptop is windows 7 ultimate and itz an acer 5230E extensa intel processor 900

and it does ot connect to internet !!!!!!!! then i went to add a device it told searching for devices .....make sure your device is discoverable. i kept it on for 1 hour but it does not show any device and the message for the same message for the whole week !!!!!!!!!! tell me wat should i do!!!!!!!!!!!!itz does not show any device!!!!! i am angry and annoyed!!!!!!!!! :pfff: :fou: :heink: :cry: :??:

G

Auto insurance - Click here

The main problem that folks encounter is they are unable to drive their vehicles without the right motor insurance, but, quite question is when someone is eligible of finding a cheap auto insurance without injuring or losing a leg or possibly a leg. There are several small changes which can be made to a person's car insurance policy that can help in lowering car insurance rates to some more comfortable level using some minor tips. Some changes you can create is perform a auto insurance comparison quote, and asking them about any possible insurance discounts like reducing your daily driving and ensuring you might be always parking in these secure places.

There are additional methods to obtain car insurance quotes and that is through conducting an automobile insurance comparison online. By spending some time online, you will find many car insurance companies offering cheap car insurance by giving you with quote to match your needs. Many individuals simply don't realize that you can obtain auto insurance rates for hundreds less per year than they may be currently paying, and merely do not know where or how to start looking for cheaper car insurance. To acheive low cost car insurance rates, you'll find really only three steps to adhere to: comparing a car insurance quote from different car insurance companies, switching for the highest deductible placed on your policy, last but not least, getting every one of the possible discounts for which you meet the requirements for.