Solved! Problems with Samsung TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

skaertus

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
I have just bought a TV, a 65-inch Samsung NU7100. The image and sound are fine, but I am running into some issues.

I am only using Netflix, Amazon TV Prime and HBO Go, and I have not installed any additional app. The TV runs fine for a few minutes, and then suddenly starts freezing, and does not respond even to basic commands of the remote control (such as turning off or changing the volume). It sometimes even restarts by itself.

Yesterday I was in the middle of a movie on Amazon TV Prime, and then the TV suddenly froze. The TV goes back working after a few minutes turned off, but the problem reappears. Today, I performed a factory reset, and it froze again in the middle of the setup of Amazon TV Prime.

I called Samsung support and they tried to blame everything, such as the batteries from my remote or my Internet connection. But the fact is that even the animations that came pre-installed with the TV freeze.

I have not found any specific report on this problem in any forum. Is this something common? Is this caused by a specific app or something? Or is this seems to be a problem of my device?

I could use a Chromecast or an Apple TV instead of TV apps. But the problem is that, when the TV freezes, I cannot even stream content to it.

I am on the verge of returning the TV, but as it is such a big device, I would prefer to solve the issue in any other way.

Solution
If you just bought it, contact Samsung support or the place you got it from. You can test the internet with another device in the same area as the TV.

I would not try to solve this issue on your own if system is in warranty, it should be working fine, if you do some hack to it, it may void the warranty or issue may come back later when it's not in warranty.
If you just bought it, contact Samsung support or the place you got it from. You can test the internet with another device in the same area as the TV.

I would not try to solve this issue on your own if system is in warranty, it should be working fine, if you do some hack to it, it may void the warranty or issue may come back later when it's not in warranty.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.