Program opens, but not as an app, and only background process. How to fix??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphonce27

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016
When i open a program, in this case, one called "Action!", it asks for administrator access, which i allow, but when everything "loads", all it does is run in the background. I went into task manager and found that it only appears in the "background processes" and not in "apps". How do i fix this?

I'm running windows 10, and when i originally installed the program, everything worked fine, and i could actually launch the program. When i shut it down and attempted to open it again, it only opens in the background. I also uninstalled and opened it and it worked once. Same problem repeated itself, except now when i uninstall/reinstall, it only opens in the background.

I can't "expand task" either as it is a "background process". Lastly, i use 3 monitors and wonder if that could intentionally be a problem. Not sure why, but you know... computers.

Solution
I have seen applications try to run in a hidden monitor with multiple monitor setups. Look for a corner of a program window on one of the monitors, towards the edge, if you see one, click and drag it over. You can also test things by shutting down, unhooking all by one monitor and seeing if the program shows up.
I have seen applications try to run in a hidden monitor with multiple monitor setups. Look for a corner of a program window on one of the monitors, towards the edge, if you see one, click and drag it over. You can also test things by shutting down, unhooking all by one monitor and seeing if the program shows up.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS