Programs always crashing, BSOD?

MechaManDan

Estimable
Jun 12, 2015
Okay so as of recently, my laptop has started taking forever to start up. Not boot, it boots in less than a minute. But when I turn it on, I have to wait a good 3 - 5 minutes with it just sitting on the desktop before I start opening anything, otherwise whatever I open will stop responding and it'll slow down my computer even more. This happens regardless of what program I open, be it Firefox, File Explorer, a game... Anything.

It'll also sometimes happen while uploading files to places like Facebook or Google Drive in large numbers. Firefox will stop responding, and then sometimes go into a loop where it stops responding, then starts, and then stops responding again before I have a chance to do anything.

Also, over the past month, I have gotten a KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR 0x0000007a blue screen of death twice. The first time I thought I'd fixed it by deleting Daemon Tools since it hadn't happened for a month, and then tonight, it happened again.

I have a theory that this is a RAM issue. Am I in the ball park, or is there more that I'm not seeing? I'm a novice when it comes to PC issues.

Solution
KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR means the memory manager was unable to read something from storage. The bug check will also have a code that helps identify the problem.

The problem could be errors from the drive it could be a loose drive cable. It can be a drive that goes to sleep and does not wake up. You can also have corruption of your pagefile.sys or you can also have memory problems that corrupt the data stored in memory.
You can update the bios and update the motherboard drivers and run crystaldiskinfo.exe to see if your drive is reporting errors. Other than that someone could look at your memory dump files to read the error codes and look for problems.

johnbl

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR means the memory manager was unable to read something from storage. The bug check will also have a code that helps identify the problem.

The problem could be errors from the drive it could be a loose drive cable. It can be a drive that goes to sleep and does not wake up. You can also have corruption of your pagefile.sys or you can also have memory problems that corrupt the data stored in memory.
You can update the bios and update the motherboard drivers and run crystaldiskinfo.exe to see if your drive is reporting errors. Other than that someone could look at your memory dump files to read the error codes and look for problems.

Solution