Project Natal Coming November 2010?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
How much longer will we be with the current Xbox platform? Do not get me wrong, I would love to not have to spend more money on a new system to play new games, but I think it is time to update the main hardware instead of just adding more peripherals.

Intel_Hydralisk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2005
[citation][nom]montezuma[/nom]How much longer will we be with the current Xbox platform? Do not get me wrong, I would love to not have to spend more money on a new system to play new games, but I think it is time to update the main hardware instead of just adding more peripherals.[/citation]
New consoles in 2012.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
A bit late but still seems cool. I'm surprise it will be that cheap, if it's indeed $50. It's even cheaper than the $99 Wireless-N adapter. They should invert the prices!

G

New consoles in 2012... Ugh.. consoles are the devil. They hold back gaming technology by years.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]anonymous473295289[/nom]New consoles in 2012... Ugh.. consoles are the devil. They hold back gaming technology by years.[/citation]

Right... because the ole mouse and keyboard has evolved so much since the 1970's.

pepperman

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
[citation][nom]Ciuy[/nom]who buys xbos`s anyway ...[/citation]

But we'll all be dead by then so they'll have an excuse not to release it.

cekasone

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Intel_Hydralisk[/nom]New consoles in 2012.[/citation]
dude the world is clearly going to end in 2012 according to the movie. enjoy these consoles while you're alive.

pepperman

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
^Sorry, wrong quote, was supposed to quote Intel_Hydralisk

[citation][nom]Intel_Hydralisk[/nom]New consoles in 2012.[/citation]

winner4455

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Right... because the ole mouse and keyboard has evolved so much since the 1970's.[/citation]

In fact, they have.

A lot.

abhik

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Right... because the ole mouse and keyboard has evolved so much since the 1970's.[/citation]

its not the mouse and keyboard, its whats in the computer (gfx cards, processors etc), and i think youll find its changed a bit since the 70s.

fail

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Intel are evil. -Wait, we're not talking about that right now? Uhm... Yeah, I hate Apple too!... -wait, we're not talking about that either... Uhm... PCs are way better than consoles! The 360 is old and junk!

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]winner4455[/nom]In fact, they have.A lot.[/citation]

No, they haven't. It's point and click now and it's been point and click for two decades. I can pull out a ten year old PC game and besides aging graphically it still plays the same way.

[citation][nom]abhik[/nom]its not the mouse and keyboard, its whats in the computer (gfx cards, processors etc), and i think youll find its changed a bit since the 70s.fail[/citation]

We are talking about input devices. Project Natal is a new way to play games. PC gaming hasn't changed the way you play games in over 20 years. Nothing new. Graphics aren't everything and that's the only thing being "revolutionized" by the PC gaming market.

Fail.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
tayb
The evolution of PC games hasn't been largely in the way they're controlled, but in depth and realism of the content. Although, I have to concede that there has been little progress since the nice little mini revolution between 1998-2000, PC games still are pushing realism and depth in ways that consoles just don't. Just look at the visuals in a game like Crysis, or the complexity of a game like Sins of a Solar Empire. Its quite an evolution from Doom and Dune.

There was a long gap between when Ocarina of Time revolutionized how an adventure game could be controlled on a console, and the release of the Nintendo Wii... but control has always been a more important feature on console games than PC games. With the current emphasis on Massively Multiplayer, and community based PC games, I don't see control schemes straying away from a keyboard and mouse anytime soon either.

This isn't an Apple's to Apple's comparison. PC gaming and Console gaming are pretty different experiences. PC gaming have revolutionized plenty, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.