Solved! Proline laptop has display problems with white horizontal and vertical lines

Jun 26, 2018
Proline laptop has display issues.Sometimes the screen freezes and become white,at times it shows vertical and horizontal lines.When I put it on a flat surface resting on the screen it becomes okay but a slight movement causes the freezing and white screen and stripes.

Solution
Does changing the screen resolution increase or decrease the problem? DO you have another monitor to hook your laptop up to?

If more lines appear when you increase/decrease resolution it is probably your graphics card/hardware. Since movement appears to to cause the issue it could possibly be the wiring to your monitor or the monitor itself. I would hook up an external monitor to rule out the video card/graphics hardware issue. If there are no lines on the external monitor then it is probably the screen/wiring.

bmcmvox

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
Does changing the screen resolution increase or decrease the problem? DO you have another monitor to hook your laptop up to?

If more lines appear when you increase/decrease resolution it is probably your graphics card/hardware. Since movement appears to to cause the issue it could possibly be the wiring to your monitor or the monitor itself. I would hook up an external monitor to rule out the video card/graphics hardware issue. If there are no lines on the external monitor then it is probably the screen/wiring.

Solution