Proview's Lawsuit Over The iPad Name Expands to US Courts

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]If I was Apple, I would just buy Proview, then hire newscasters to record the (previous) board of directors reactions as you burned all of their buildings down then fired everyone.This would be cheaper in the short run, and they could make some awesome YouTube videos and a movie out of it.[/citation]

That's pretty funny, but I'm not sure if a company can buy a company that is currently litigating them. Might be something for someone to look into.

If it can be done then it seems like a perfect solution for Apple if they have trouble winning the lawsuit.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Just buy the proview, U screw up this time Apple. Seems like my logic is true.

All cost of Apple product = 50% hardware, 30% Apple board of directors pocket, 20% lawyer expenses.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Just buy the proview, U screw up this time Apple. Seems like my logic is true.All cost of Apple product = 50% hardware, 30% Apple board of directors pocket, 20% lawyer expenses.[/citation]

Please don't spout statistics that you just make up on your own without any basis in fact. Unless you can show us some proof about that sort of statistic, all it does is mislead anyone not smart enough to call you out on it.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Look at all the sharks (haters) circling around thinking they smell blood.Nothing will come of this. Apple did nothing illegal. Imagine a real estate agent negotiating to buy a house on behalf of a celebrity. They don't need to tell the seller who's buying the house. All they need to do is agree on a price and finish the transaction.This is common in business. Proview will get nowhere. They are a bankrupt company grasping at straws to extort money from Apple. They thought Apple would cave in and pay up, but they were wrong.[/citation]
The price isn't the only variable. The conditions are also another variable. Apparently ProView sold the name when Jonathan Hargreaves said it will never compete with ProView, clearly that was not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.