Question Prozor DAC 192k no sound on pc

Oct 15, 2021
Hi guys I have this DAC from Prozor that I am trying to connect to my PC but it has no sound when I plug my headphone/speaker to it. Theres a red light but no sound. I thought since its USB I probably need a driver but I cant find driver for this brand anywhere nor does the PC detect it. Any tips or help is very appreciated.

Edit : tried using SPIDF to 3.5mm and RCA to 3.5mm also both no sound when connected to pc but works when connected to PS4.

What exact model DAC do you have? Prozor has several, and the few I see online don't have a USB connection to a computer. The fact that this thing works with a SP4 shows you are not using it in the correct way on the computer. You would need to run an optical cable from the computer soundcard to the optical input of it just like with the PS4 for it to work, and then you need a headphone amp connected to the thing to run headphones off it, or powered speakers.

Oct 15, 2021
What exact model DAC do you have? Prozor has several, and the few I see online don't have a USB connection to a computer. The fact that this thing works with a SP4 shows you are not using it in the correct way on the computer. You would need to run an optical cable from the computer soundcard to the optical input of it just like with the PS4 for it to work, and then you need a headphone amp connected to the thing to run headphones off it, or powered speakers.

Hi, I am using this exact one https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00KNNSKV0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes I am running an optical (input) to 3.5mm to my pc then my powered speaker connected to the output. Is an amp necessary?
People in the comments said it works on their PC so I must be doing something wrong but idk what :/

Also my speaker is connected to the single 3.5mm hole not the L&R one, not sure if that makes any difference?

Hi, I am using this exact one https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00KNNSKV0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes I am running an optical (input) to 3.5mm to my pc then my powered speaker connected to the output. Is an amp necessary?
People in the comments said it works on their PC so I must be doing something wrong but idk what :/

Also my speaker is connected to the single 3.5mm hole not the L&R one, not sure if that makes any difference?

How are you connecting the 3.5mm output from the computer to the device? If you are using some adapter, which you must be, it may be the adapter or maybe the cable that is the issue.

The 3.5 mm jack should be fine to use for speakers but I would use the L/R ones for that since it's a line out made for powered speakers. You don't need an amp with powered speakers or for headphones with the model you have.

Why are you even using this? It's not really made for use with a computer, more for a console or a TV. A DAC made for use with a computer would have a USB connection to one so it can be detected as an audio sourse. A computer motherboard audio is very likely to be just as good. Thing thing just takes a digital output and converts it to analog for use with speakers and headphones for devices that don't have an analog audio out. Your computer does.

Oct 15, 2021
Oh I tried using it because I kept hearing static noise when plugging headphones tried multiple diff one and all had the same issue. And a few people said to try using a DAC which I had one for my ps4. But anyway I got myself a mixer since I needed one for my new mic anyway and all problems are fixed now.