PS Vita CPU Manufactured by Samsung; RAM Not Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

techseven

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
But does it play cr.... No! I wont say it, or should I?

But its Sony, it plays games.... what games? Is this a brand new platform?

techseven

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Oh I got it, a PSP on steriods, 4 cores and some whistles and bells, backward compatible with PSP, sound interesting - I hope it catches on...

Jprobes

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
The longevity of the PSVita will hinge the idea that interfacing with a game device takes more then just a touch screen.

I do own a Ipad2 and an Iphone 4 and for the most part they are entertaining devices. Gaming on them though is something completely different. I do agree that it is easier to play a game on a Ipad then a I phone, but that is solely due to the increased size of the screen.

Having input controls like a D-pad or Analog stick and dedicated buttons to push for specific functions instead of relying one hand movement speed or gyro based controls is paramount to the long term success and industry based game development one would expect with a handheld game console.

Those things are just non existent on most touch screen phones and it limits the content which can be developed for them also. There will always be exception to the rules like Angry Birds, but physics based games like that are not what drives the market for handhelds.

I would love a PSVita version of SF4 or MvC3 including support for legacy titles and even emulation. Some of the funnest games ever were 8/16 bit SNES/NES/GEN titles that while are easy to access with emulators on smartphones, they lack a certain finesse when it comes to the execution of controls.

Until smart phones include these as standards, they will never truly replace a handheld gaming device.

cmartin011

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
what cheap skates! should have a gig like smart phones at least, isn't that what smart phones are up to these days?
ok rant over don't care really

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]RAM is cheap. Why not put some 4GB DDR3, so PS Pita can last longer?[/citation]
the cavalry has arrived!!!

but seriously dude? lmfao.

looks like a solid machine for a solid pricetag. the 3ds pricedrop may have swayed me into getting that in the near future, but it hasn't turned me away from the vita... i just can't wait for it!!!

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]the cavalry has arrived!!!but seriously dude? lmfao.looks like a solid machine for a solid pricetag. the 3ds pricedrop may have swayed me into getting that in the near future, but it hasn't turned me away from the vita... i just can't wait for it!!![/citation]

lol that thing can cost 50$, until GAMES PEOPLE WANT TO PLAY and not shovel ware tech demos are put out on it, i wont pick it up.

and i require 5 games, they got zelda, and canceled one of the other games i was looking forward to... come on damnit, nintendo, the system doesn't cost to much, we WILL buy it but damnit you NEED GAMES.

[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]i do think at least 1gb should be sufficient, considering how large of a resolution it's going to be carrying [close to 1080p][/citation]

960 × 544 is its resolution, i believe
1080p is 1920x1080
720p is 1280x720

dont get me wrong, on a 5 inch screen sub hd resolutions don't matter a whole hell of allot, but get the fact straight.

G

i think its : if nintendo or sony make a portable gaming with phone capability (not a phone with gaming capability) it would be good idea, as a teacher i found many of my student (elementary, middle n high school) own a smart phone just for sms, phone, n social networking like twitter, facebook, n show off. so their parents just need to buy them one hand held.

PSP n 3ds have a capability of a smartphone with game differentiation. 3DS wifi n 3DS 3G (phone capability) with $ 200-250 price tag would be good, i dont mind own one.

sory for my poor english : its my 3rd language.

G

Ps vita against a tablet is a no contest. Vita wins. You get a tablet just for games??? Probably not. The vita has the touchscreen, plus the joysticks and buttons for real gaming. Not to mention the internet, GPS, music, movies, a fantastic looking AMOLED screen, and the better compatibility to play with friends. Phones might be a competitor...if you talk about portability and the android or iphone markets...but if you really wanna game, its Vita. It'd be smart of them to put Android on there, they would dominate. It's already with Xperia!

G

I don't think I'd call the Vita 'backwards compatible'. Yeah, you can play PSP games on it if you download them, but as far as I can tell I would have to re-buy the games I already have on my PSP if I want to play them on the Vita. I'd say that's more like the 3DS' virtual console than actual backwards compatibility.

G

Lol anonymous, Sony already made a PSP with phone capabilities, it's called a Xperia Play!

Status
Not open for further replies.