Review PS VR2 review: A new standard for virtual reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2023
For my part, I just opened mine. I also own an Oculus Quest 2. For the record, the Sony VR2 is the most uncomfortable headset I've worn, and genuinely hurts my nose. No amount of adjustment has been able to fix it. The light blocking is okay. Aside from the discomfort, the device accommodated glasses. NOTE: The level of discomfort was the same with and without glasses.

Personally, I recommend not buying this until it makes its way to stores where you can try it on and see how it feels. There are other reviews that discuss similar.

revenger681

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2015
I've had about 5 sessions with my PSVR 2 so far. It's probably the lowest resolution vr experiences I've had. The screen is very blurry. In-game menus are practically unreadable. Not to mention it has the worst designs I have ever experienced in vr except for perhaps the PSVR 1.

In-game: The blurry image quality sort of takes a step back as you're looking at the sights and sounds in vr. But if there's something to focus on such as GT 7's speed guage, for example, race time remaining, or Resident Evil Village map text, item text, etc. This is when you really notice a lot of blur.

Mar 4, 2023
I'm returning mine. I don't understand the praise, the graphics are just plain blurry. I can't imagine giving up the graphical beauty of the PS5 on a decent TV, not to mention a 4K UHD HDR TV. The fuzziness takes me out of the experience. Unless you are looking directly in front of you, the surrounding visuals are truly bad.

Mar 9, 2023

In-game: The blurry image quality sort of takes a step back as you're looking at the sights and sounds in vr. But if there's something to focus on such as GT 7's speed guage, for example, race time remaining, or Resident Evil Village map text, item text, etc. This is when you really notice a lot of blur.

When technically the headset has some high-end specs, saying it's low resolution is just disingenuous.

From your description of blurry images and text it's quite clear you haven't optimised the setup for your situation.

The technology requires proper setup, you can't just slap it on your head and exclaim it's blurry

Mar 4, 2023
When technically the headset has some high-end specs, saying it's low resolution is just disingenuous.

From your description of blurry images and text it's quite clear you haven't optimised the setup for your situation.

The technology requires proper setup, you can't just slap it on your head and exclaim it's blurry
I followed all the directions for optimization, repeated them, and images at any distance, are blurry. This is true across several games I tried. The image is just nowhere near the quality of a good TV set and I'm not willing to take a HUGE step back in visual enjoyment.

Status
Not open for further replies.