PS3 Bug Blocks Users From Gaming On and Offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

meat81

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
I had issues trying to play online during the day sunday, but was able to play that night on my brothers system. Both are the fatty versions.

redplanet_returns

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Sony is investigating a bug that is preventing some PS3 owners from accessing the PlayStation Network and in some cases, playing certain games offline.

so that's how they call DRM now? well...at least they didn't pull the Ubisoft crap and call it a feature. DRM should be removed like it's a stinky beetle

G

If your warranty is already expired, you can always take apart your console and reset the internal clock. There are tutorials on how to do this all over youtube.

rishwin

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
The "bug" is caused by a faulty clock. The PS3 thinks it is a leap year (and hence February 29th) when in fact it is March 1st. The bug will be resolved in 24 hours.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
this is why i don't buy consoles anymore... too much failure... remember n64? sega dreamcast? I had no issues with either. got an xbox... fried itself (e\/en though i kept it clean and the fan worked fine) and then hearing about rrod and wii firmware that bricks itself, and ps3 failures and all three riddled with drm. I'll stick to my pc games, where at least i can ha\/e a work around.

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]nachowarrior[/nom]this is why i don't buy consoles anymore... too much failure... remember n64? sega dreamcast? I had no issues with either. got an xbox... fried itself (e\/en though i kept it clean and the fan worked fine) and then hearing about rrod and wii firmware that bricks itself, and ps3 failures and all three riddled with drm. I'll stick to my pc games, where at least i can ha\/e a work around.[/citation]

What do you do about the need steam and windows live accounts DRM stuff? I gave up pc games for that and don't buy that many ps3 games.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
As an owner of a PS3 and not an owner of the XBOX360, I just gotta say, "I wished The Dark Knight wasn't ever released in Blu-Ray, so I would have gotten a XBOX360 instead."

I seriously bought a PS3 to watch The Dark Knight...

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]shanky887614[/nom]drm is a load of crap i can't wait till till the ps4 comes out and hopefully be then we can remove it ourselfs[/citation]

I've got to ask.. What makes you think there would be less DRM with a PS4? If anything, they'll have an even stricter DRM scheme around by then. I'm afraid DRM is only going to get worse, unfortunately.

gameniac85

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2005
Yeah, I got this same error code last night when I turned on my console. I have been busy playing Mass Effect 2 so haven't really used my PS3 much in the last month (aside from some Blu-Ray movies). So I thought I'd try out the God of War III and Heavy Rain demos, but instead I was greeted to the message: "Error. You Have Been Signed out of the PSN. Error Code: 8001050F" (or something similar to that).

I have not been able to try it at all today since I am at work, but I will try it when I get home to see if anything has changed.

I agree with rishwin though, sounds like a crappy clock with bad leap years.

flea420

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
I am affected by this currently. I imagine disabling autologin would enable offline play of the few problimatic games. Still gay tough, couldn't play mw2 last night.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Good to know. I had the exact issue, and was going to check the router to unblock PSN ports maybe. Thanks for the report.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
waxdart most of that stuff can be gotten around with cracks *mainly single player games*. And you usually can play online via pirate servers. With that said steam isn't bad. I mean if there is gonna be a drm I can live with steam acting as it.

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
All I can say, as a Sony supporter for many years, is, "PLEASE GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER SONY!" It is getting increasingly difficult to defend my choice of ps3 over 360, with my fat getting the YLOD (I am on my second reflow), the lack of commitment Sony has to fixing this problem (the consensus is that it stems from a firmware update that set the fan set points to the same as in the slim, which, of course, is not the same), and now this. They are really dropping the ball and I feel like they don't even want to be in this market.

w1zz4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
I never modded one of my console, and will not mod my ps3 if any mod/hack exist in future. But I really wish the clock bug will be exploitable and will be the start of ps3 modding/hacking. I'm sure some hacker are already looking at this possibility!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS