PS3 Sales Reach All Time High Over Black Friday

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
I'm beggining to believe those National Football League advertisements that kids should be required to play outside and get more exercise.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]FoShizzleDizzle[/nom]fanboy alert[/citation]
What is he a fanboy of? Wii? 360? I don't see you calling out hakesterman (fanboy/troll) or soldier (fanboy/shill). Seems to me that you have blinders on that cause you to ignore Sony fanboys, while calling fanboy alert on someone that didn't even shill for a single manufacturer.

Personally, I don't really care for the Wii, the wiimote is generally more of a nuisance than anything. But Wii was the winner in terms of sales this past week, so I don't know why you fanboys are acting like anything has changed.

MiamiU

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
[citation][nom]angleheart[/nom]I have no idea what the initial purpose of having Linux compatibility was since it runs so slow on fat PS3 and turns out to be worthless. If sony can have it out without it at the beginning to reduce the cost, they would have had a better sale. Since lots fat PS3s dies right after warranty expires, we will see how the slim survives next year. Time for my fat PS3 may be up at anytime...[/citation]

Just because you don't know what linux can do doesn't mean its worthless... and you complain about dying PS3s but yours isn't dead yet. I think your post is worthless and just misleads others into buying a Xbox that is more likely to die then a PS3.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/usaf-ps3-playstation-cluster-cell,news-5177.html

tanderskey

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2009
Had a break in at my house recently and am seriously considering starting fresh with a PS3. I like a lot of little stuff like the flash reader, the USB charging, the Linux and folding at home is kinda cool. Blu ray is alright but not necessary in my mind, just a nice to have but the cell processor tech is quite interesting too. Yeah there aren't as many titles as with the HotBox but as long as I can find a few I like I'm think it might be a good platform to grow with. And now the price is right too.

G

My 360 died earlier this month so i got a ps3 for black Friday, i must say i should have gone with it in the first place.. I got uncharted 2 and its such a fun game, still have not beat it, plus god of war 3 is going to be amazing. I also like getting on the ps network for free, playing bluray movies once in a while on the 120" 1080p screen (Sony dlp projector :) I think ps3 is going to start outselling 360 in the coming year as Microsoft has throw everything it can at the ps3, and its only up 3 mil on user base. As for wii, most people who buy a wii would have never bought a 360 or ps3, or will buy one of the two alongside so wii sales are not a concern to Sony or Microsoft i think

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
wii adn vbox 360 stil out seelign ps3's on a whole. my brother inlaw bought a ps 3 slim but traded it in after having it for 2 months .. i didn't 4really see what was wrong with it which is odd usually i'm the non sony fan and my bro in law is teh sony fan LOL. I guess mostly i just think he shouldtn ahve traded in becasue he bassiclaly jsut wasted 150 bucks doing that as i'm sure he didnt get a full price on teh trade in.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Soulraver[/nom]My 360 died earlier this month so i got a ps3 for black Friday, i must say i should have gone with it in the first place.. I got uncharted 2 and its such a fun game, still have not beat it, plus god of war 3 is going to be amazing. I also like getting on the ps network for free, playing bluray movies once in a while on the 120" 1080p screen (Sony dlp projector I think ps3 is going to start outselling 360 in the coming year as Microsoft has throw everything it can at the ps3, and its only up 3 mil on user base. As for wii, most people who buy a wii would have never bought a 360 or ps3, or will buy one of the two alongside so wii sales are not a concern to Sony or Microsoft i think[/citation]

nope wii is really a non factor as it is the ultra casual gamer system sony and ps3 compete on teh "hardcore" level.
I might grab a ps3 when i see one available for 200 bucks but right now any thinga bove that is to much for a console , any ammount larger than 200 i'd rather spend on computer upgrades for my school work (such as a new 3ds max student lincense)

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]No surprise here, It's the best console going today. It should be all PS3 from here on out, the only way i see PS3 slowing down at all is if Microsoft launches their way over due ( Project Natal ). If they don't it's lights out Folks..................[/citation]

i seriously doubt it will be "lights out" sayign such stupid little catch phrazes only shows how big of a fanboy pussy you are LOL. PC gamibng wont die , MS's xbox consoles wont die , nor will nintendo's consoles .. the market has shown that it could easily handle three consoles , and it is likely next gen the market could handle 4 ( to bad sega didnt make it that far). so i don't see where ANY of the "big 3" are in any danger of going out of buisness ( or going "lights out" as you put it ) , any one who says other wise is a retard and a pussy ass fany boy :p

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]MiamiU[/nom]Just because you don't know what linux can do doesn't mean its worthless... and you complain about dying PS3s but yours isn't dead yet. I think your post is worthless and just misleads others into buying a Xbox that is more likely to die then a PS3.[/citation]

i knwo what linux does and doesn't do , and i knwo it wasnt really coded to run off a console so i wouldnt care to put it on one myself.
as for 360's dying youar e a moron the OLDER 360 were more prone tto fail yes , but they ahve had 4 revisions the most recdent of which down sied ALL chips on the main baord form a 90 nm process to a 65 nm process. and these 360's have next to no Fail rate compared to the older 360's. so quit talkigna bout fail rates it was a good point 2 years ago but today it jsut doesn't apply

[citation][nom]LeJay[/nom]I have a PC and a PS3 connected to my 1080p flatscreen. I never use the pc for anything than watching movies.[/citation]

perhaps your pc jsut doesn't ahve a video card in it that is capable of much more trhan movie running. not that that is a bad thing not every oen ahs money for a uber gaming system, but teh way you worded this gave the impression taht you think PC's arnt worth any thing but watchign movies on.. which is just dumb. I go to school online (game art design Major). so i have fairly high demands on my PC , i run 3ds max and maya in it , as well as a large number of various game engine toolsets, i photo shop with it ,and i also play games with it (every game i throw at my system runs flawlessly) My PC ios not even a "super duber expensive pc" i paid 8oo for it , sure it's more than a console , but consider the fact that the 360 originally released at 500 USD and the ps 3 originally released at 600 USD. then the gaming PC doesn't look like such a over priced investment. especially since i have my school work too that really requires a gaming level PC. point is the PC is not so useless .. maybe it was useless for you because you are a productive person "tech wise" but it doesn't mean a gaming pc is bad choice for some one else.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]swampfox2001[/nom]I like gaming on a PC. I have a PS3 connected to a 46" 1080p monitor but I never use it. Left for Dead 2 on a 30" 2560x1600 monitor is the ultimate in game play![/citation]
Same here but 42" screen and Fallout 3 and Dragon Age are my choices on my PC at 1920 x 1200 on a 24" monitor.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]NaturalViolence[/nom]This just in on TomsHardware: People Buy things on Black Friday! Jesus Christ Toms stop reporting every little thing when its a slow news day.[/citation]
What does our Lord have to do with it, blasphemer.

MiamiU

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]i knwo what linux does and doesn't do , and i knwo it wasnt really coded to run off a console so i wouldnt care to put it on one myself. as for 360's dying youar e a moron the OLDER 360 were more prone tto fail yes , but they ahve had 4 revisions the most recdent of which down sied ALL chips on the main baord form a 90 nm process to a 65 nm process. and these 360's have next to no Fail rate compared to the older 360's. so quit talkigna bout fail rates it was a good point 2 years ago but today it jsut doesn't apply
perhaps your pc jsut doesn't ahve a video card in it that is capable of much more trhan movie running. not that that is a bad thing not every oen ahs money for a uber gaming system, but teh way you worded this gave the impression taht you think PC's arnt worth any thing but watchign movies on.. which is just dumb. I go to school online (game art design Major). so i have fairly high demands on my PC , i run 3ds max and maya in it , as well as a large number of various game engine toolsets, i photo shop with it ,and i also play games with it (every game i throw at my system runs flawlessly) My PC ios not even a "super duber expensive pc" i paid 8oo for it , sure it's more than a console , but consider the fact that the 360 originally released at 500 USD and the ps 3 originally released at 600 USD. then the gaming PC doesn't look like such a over priced investment. especially since i have my school work too that really requires a gaming level PC. point is the PC is not so useless .. maybe it was useless for you because you are a productive person "tech wise" but it doesn't mean a gaming pc is bad choice for some one else.[/citation]

When did i ever mention the new xbox consoles dying?? you are just a dumbass Xbox fanboy... your whole post was assumptions. You assume i have a crappy pc?? who the f--- cares about you going to school and having an uber pc?

Everyone knows that because of the rrod and how big of a deal it was, this issue will be mentioned for many years to come.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/usaf-ps3-playstation-cluster-cell,news-5177.htmlhttp://www.tomsguide.com/us/usaf-ps3-playstation-cluster-cell,news-5177.html

headscratcher

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
I have an XBOX360, I play the heck out of it nearly every night. I bought it mainly for Forza 2 about a year ago. I didn't look like GT5 was coming out anytime soon, so I chose XBOX360. Now, I have Forza 3 and I love it.

It doesn't hurt my feelings that some people like the PS3 and not the XBOX360. I am glad that there are so many choices.

I'll probably pick up a PS3 whenever GT5 comes out.

reichscythe

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
[citation][nom]LePhuronn[/nom]All it needed was a cheaper price tag Sony, why did you hold off for so long?[/citation]

Umm... because Sony was losing an absolute f*ck ton of dough on each box sold and had to wait for manufacturing cost reductions to reach a closer break even point... They held off because, up until recently, they couldn't afford to drop the price without completely eviscerating the already punch-drunk games division...

Hell, even with the cost savings of PS3 Slim production, Sony is still losing cash somewhere to the tune of $50-100 per console... which means, even on the conservative end of the loss scale, SCE just lost about a cool $22Mil in one week (those are acceptable losses, apparently)...

cdillon

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
I already have an 80GB PS3 but I personally contributed to the PS3 sales last weekend by buying a new Slim 120GB model (old one is going to become a Christmas present). The main reason I bought the PS3 was because it is one of the best Blu-Ray players you can buy, and also to use as a streaming media client (using DLNA) on my 1080p projector. I have a few games for it but that is not what I use it for most of the time.

HOWEVER... After having seen both a PS3 and XBOX 360 playing several of the exact same games side by side, I have to admit the XBOX 360 is better at gaming in general. The 360 online experience is better, and in most games the graphics look better. I don't think that is because the PS3 isn't capable of having awesome graphics, it can (GT5 looks great, for example), but it is obvious that most developers are more comfortable with the PC and 360 architectures than with the PS3 and that shows when you compare cross-platform games side by side.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]MiamiU[/nom]When did i ever mention the new xbox consoles dying?? you are just a dumbass Xbox fanboy... your whole post was assumptions. You assume i have a crappy pc?? who the f--- cares about you going to school and having an uber pc?Everyone knows that because of the rrod and how big of a deal it was, this issue will be mentioned for many years to come. http://www.tomsguide.com/us/usaf-p [...] -5177.html[/citation]

you sir are the dumb ass , and no i'm nto a fanboy , damn retard , teh first opart of waht is aid was adressed to another poster , why don't you look at teh posta gain damn

Status
Not open for further replies.