News PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which console wins?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RagDev

Great
Feb 16, 2023
I believe the article is heavily biased because of the following reasons:
I don't believe a consumer that has a limited budget and can only choose one of the 2 consoles would give equal consideration to budget and looks. (Come on man, 10 for the budget would suggest 2 for design, nothing more). Additionally, the design is what makes the PS5 look cool. The dual-tone, futuristic look of PS5 is way cooler than an old school cuboid.
Secondly, I don't understand what xbox has to offer to get it 15 points for its games library. You got everything on xbox, but PS5 has it better, with a night and day comparison. An 18 for PS5 is understandable, but that only means that xbox deserves a 10 at the VERY BEST.
Lastly, the reason I did not ever get any xbox was because the standards of the controller couldn't compete with the PS counterpart. Out of 10, 8 parts of user experience comes from the display/sound and the rest is played by controller, and with the experience I had with it on xbox 360 directly disqualified series X from consideration. According to me, I'd rate the controllers 9 for PS5 and 6 for series X. (I tried series X at my friend's place and yeah, I still did not like the newer controller)
This Article is very Biased but it also has some facts in it, although XBOX is the best running console you can get if you want a console go for PlayStation just because of the exclusives, nothing more...

Feb 23, 2023
Sony is the chief and will always be because they are not doing this for money alone but they love gaming and they love pushing gaming forward. From studio selections, to exclusives, to controllers, to VRs, to various Discs tech ( Sony was behind CD-Rom, Blu-ray, Mini disc etc ), to cinema, to TV series to you name it. I dont care if theres a subscription on Xbox or 0.3 GHZ more speed on CPU or 1 TFLOP on GPU. All i care is about GAMING or gaming experiences that are unique and one of a kind compared to everything else out there. That is SONY and PS5 for you and that is why it leads 2:1 sales vs Xbox X while being in low supply for 2 years straight.

Now does that make Xbox X a bad choice ? No, its a fine option. But as a gamer i dont care about GAMEPASS more than VR2. I dont care about few GHZ/TFLOPs more than TOP AAA experiences in so many different genres and so many multiawarded NEW exclusive IPs every gen ( and we still dont know what is coming from mega studios like Naughty dog ) I dont care about a controller with better battery life when i have dual sense which is a new experience on another level, everyone should try ( eventually MS will copy it for next gen ).

Console gaming is all about GAMES and accessories that will add to those experiences you wont find elsewhere. If someone cares more for all kind of subscription based products including Gamepass, best hardware and best multiplayer/multiplatform experiences .. thats PC for you and its not even close.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2023
I own both, and I think it's a landslide win for the PS5. I won't buy another Xbox. Perhaps my biggest gripe about Xbox is the horrid interface which isn't even discussed in the article. PS5 is beautiful and functional. Xbox is ugly and dumb. The Xbox is always wanting 40gb updates on my games and their network is slow garbage. I have 1gb fiber so not my network. The only benefit I can give the Xbox is that you can leave a controller for a month and battery is fine. PS5 controllers will die without being plugged in.

Sep 10, 2023
let me just say this to the idiots who were saying the author is "biased" and a "Sony fanboy" Personally, I use the series but it's quite evident that this guy was not biased. while IMO these 2 are very comparable this guy put Xbox on top. from what I've seen from my friends, the PS5 is actually better than the Series X in most categories. he's not a "fanboy", you are. I personally travel a lot and didn't want to spend an extra $200 on what basically a burden, so I use the xss, in case ur going to flood me asking.

loganmason

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2013
PS5 Wins because Sony actually makes Exclusives for their Consumers. Not just any games either, we're talking top notch games. Gamepass is Unsustainable and the Prices will continue to rise. Until Microsoft begins to churn out good exclusives for their customers they will continue to get out sold 3to1 as they are now. Only Microsoft could take Great Game Frachises like Halo and Gears of War and make them obsolete and terrible. I hope things change for their consumers sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.