News PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which console wins?

Nov 21, 2020
Wow what a let down. Can we get a non-Sony fanboy to write a comparison article please? Some of us are actually interested and aren’t just fanboys. You literally refused to score sections or found a way to “tie” them when it sounded like the Series X was better in your analysis. It became super clear rather immediately what the choice would be at the end due to your obvious bias. I mean, I’m getting both of them, but would still like more of a data-based comparison please. Preferably not written by a Sony (or Xbox) shill thanks.

MuppetThumper

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
Wow what a let down. Can we get a non-Sony fanboy to write a comparison article please? Some of us are actually interested and aren’t just fanboys. ... Preferably not written by a Sony (or Xbox) shill thanks.
Er, I read it the other way. He scores Xbox for the win in spite of playing heavily on PS5. He rates the controllers a TIE after lambasting use of AA batteries in the Xbox (notwithstanding the total failure to recognise the innovations of the dualsense). I don't know where you get Sony fanboy from, perhaps you're a Microsoft one!

kuhne

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2013
Seems fair to me, maybe a bit on the xbox side, there's no way the controllers would be a draw, the PS5 gamepad is something else and the haptic triggers may very well become the standard for gamepads in the future.

Other than that, xbox series x clearly has better backwards compatibility and has better services while the PS5, regardless of having inferior specs is actually getting more stable framerates and faster loading times in games. A good example is Vallhalla, which was supposed to be optimized for xbox and ended up running better on ps5.

And of course you have the games/exclusives, which isn't really a competition at the moment since the xbox doesn't offer anything here of note.

I think it was fair and balanced, both consoles seem great to me.

Nov 25, 2020
No on 8K for the PS5, and it takes an image quality hit for running at 120 fps, all because of its lower bandwidth HDMI port.
"the Xbox Series X can output bandwidth of up to 40GB/s via HDMI 2.1, the PlayStation 5 is currently limited to 32GB/s. In practice, this means that when playing a game at 120 Hz, the console will have to switch to 4:2:2 chroma subsampling, while Microsoft's next-gen console is able to keep the optimal 4:4:4 format."

Nov 30, 2020
Wow what a let down. Can we get a non-Sony fanboy to write a comparison article please? Some of us are actually interested and aren’t just fanboys. You literally refused to score sections or found a way to “tie” them when it sounded like the Series X was better in your analysis. It became super clear rather immediately what the choice would be at the end due to your obvious bias. I mean, I’m getting both of them, but would still like more of a data-based comparison please. Preferably not written by a Sony (or Xbox) shill thanks.
Actually, quite the opposite. They listed out Sackboy's Big Adventure and ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart which was really hype. The games on the PS5 were definetly better than the graphics that Xbox has because they will probably look very similar with only minor differences anyway. You can't tell me Halo is gonna beat Horizon 2, Sackboy's Big Adventure, ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart and other PS4 games like Final Fantasy 7 Remake, God of War, Person 5 Royal, especially when all Xbox gets is a new shiny Halo with other playable games like Halo.I am not a Sony fanboy here, this is just logic.

Dec 9, 2020
This review was overall informative, but some of the analysis and subsequent scoring I disagree with. Subjective takes on design aesthetics are fine but that shouldn't bleed into the score, the PS5 got snubbed there. The CPU and GPU weighs in Xbox's favor more than what was ultimately scored here.

The consoles really feel like a wash either way though, just exclusives to really stand them apart. I might sit this generation out and go PC.

Jan 9, 2021
Look, I want to know why the Dualsense and the Xbox controller have the same rating. The Dualsense haptic feedback feels very, very great. Wasted space? WASTED SPACE? the touchpad are essential for particular games and make typing easier. In Miles Morales u can swipe left and right to pull up the phone. The DualSense should've been rated higher

Kvally

Honorable
May 20, 2014
I am curious as to how he came to the conclusion that the PS5 has better exclusives. I have my PS5 sitting dormant since finishing up Miles Morales.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
admin Article Commentary 0