PSO Sequel for PC Will Be F2P, Coming to iOS, Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhat11

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]galeciofamily0405[/nom]Still waiting on a 'true' Phantasy Star sequel... I miss PS1 on the SMS and PS2 & 4 on the old Genny ....[/citation]

This is the "true" PSO sequel. If you're waiting for PS, that's a different series.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]galeciofamily0405[/nom]Still waiting on a 'true' Phantasy Star sequel... I miss PS1 on the SMS and PS2 & 4 on the old Genny ....[/citation]

I wouldn't hold your breath, I too enjoyed every single one of those games but lets face it the only way they will ever continue the series is a reboot that will bare no resemblance to the previous titles. I say let it rest in peace.

kyuuketsuki

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
They'll also come packed with social game elements although developer Sonic Team didn't elaborate.
Sonic Team is not the development team for this game, actually.
This version isn't due to arrive until Spring 2013, and will share the same servers used by the PC version -- meaning cross-platform play between Vita and PC gamers.
This is actually still up in the air, pending internal testing of whether or not cross-platform play is viable without negatively affecting the PC version, which is the flagship platform.

Otherwise, thanks for the article Mr. Parish, and I'm greatly looking forward to PSO2.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]Kyuuketsuki[/nom]This is actually still up in the air, pending internal testing of whether or not cross-platform play is viable without negatively affecting the PC version, which is the flagship platform.Otherwise, thanks for the article Mr. Parish, and I'm greatly looking forward to PSO2.[/citation]Exactly, Sakai (the producer) said that the current plan was to have PC and Vita cross-platform play. They're testing the viability of this right now, it's all up in the air. If they determine that cross-platform play with Vita will hold the PC version back, they'll nix it.

Regarding concerns over the F2P model, Sega has said that they won't go the broken-cash-equipment route of many Korean F2P games. So the game should be fully playable for free. There are certainly nice things you will be able to buy, but anything you really need to play is included in the free version.

Status
Not open for further replies.