Push Gmail Launched for iPhone, WinMo, S60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grims

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
Does this use Exchange? Meaning can I still stay connected to my work Exchange servers, and setup the Gmail feature?

Grims

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
Link answered my question

"Important! Google Sync uses the Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync® protocol."

This feature will be worthless for me, as work push trumps personal push.

Roy Nall

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2008
The actual feature will not be supported until AT&T enables MMS and these other features on September 25.

Although Apple hasn't released push for Gmail to the Mail App you can get around it with Google Sync and set it up as a Microsoft Exchange Account. Unfortunately if you have an Exchange account already on your iPhone, you will be unable to make a second one. (Source: Gizmodo)

nerdherd

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
This works great for me! I'm running Windows Mobile and already had my Gmail account syncing with Calendar and Contacts, I just went in and checked Email and it works perfectly. I'm really glad Gmail is doing this!

G

It initially didn't work on my iPhone. I got those "incorrect password" errors. I think it was because I was adding a second account on the iPhone to the same Gmail address. After removing both versions of the email account from my iPhone and then adding it once the Microsoft Exchange way, Push Gmail has been working great.

vinnyjames

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
Sort of works on my blackberry curve 8900. I can login and get contacts to sync. Last time I tried it a month or so ago it was doing bad things. E.g., deleting a contact via the web would pull the, now missing contact, from the phone and vice versa which was very lame. Saw some unconfirmed funny business with the calendar and decided to uninstall it. The one thing it did that I liked was chew up more bandwidth. With ridiculously high unlimited data rates I try to get my moneys worth!

G

Works great on my iTouch first gen. Although the contact only show when I do a search for an individual. This is an Ideal solution for me and I look forward to using it with my new Palm Pre.

G

Works for my Nokia 5800 XM. Get my e-mail within a few seconds from sending from my office PC. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.